Marsh Farm 18th July

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
OK everyone,

No need to book breakfast, just turn up and order when there.

The draw for pegs is 8.30am, i am getting there about 7.30 for food, as this isn't a match, just start fishing when your ready.

The most important thing is enjoy the day, it's fishing so we should, .....:eek:.

Good luck and see you all there.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I'll pop over later and try and find out how the knock out match went last night and how it's fishing.

If I get nothing, I'd consider worm over caster on the pole, as light as the conditions will let you get away with, absolute minimal feed, done often.

Worth baiting the margins for later, particularly if you have a vacant peg next to you.

The 'method' to the island, hard pellet into softened micro-pellet on the frame, clipped up tight, and don't do it to feed. The splashes will drive them out. Chuck it and be patient.

Don't forget your brolly:mad:

July, huh?

Griddle turned on by 0730 hrs.

Good Luck, everyone. I hope you have a great day.

Those of you fishing Harris could do worse than fish the near margin quietly with a soft hooklink ( flat braid?) to some small shot or a swivel under a pole float! A sort of supple and super light bolt rig, just enough to set the hook after you've tempted them with your light end gear.

Or not. These ARE crucians:rolleyes:

Thanks IC. Is this all crucian specific or will the same work for the tench ? Much as I love crucians I shall be perfectly content tench fishing, especially as Clarkey has upset the weather fairy. I'm guessing a bit more feed for the tench ?

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
More and more anglers are becoming convinced that the tench will bully out the crucians if they are encouraged too much.

I'd always thought they rubbed along ok together, but the tench are getting big now, whereas the crucians on Harris seem not to go over 3 at the moment. There are bigger ones, sure, but they are staying well hidden at the moment.

I'd say that a well-fed swim, done quietly, will bring the tench in but with the early Spring ( remember all that sunshine?) we've had quite a pressured water for a while now and they fish can be wary. Gentle and quiet is the order of the day, peg to peg conversations might be all you need to blank.

If anyone hammers a bankstick in he will be shot..no blindfold!

I had thought of running naked around MF to appease the Weather Fairy, but I think that would just put her off her lunch:eek:mg:

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Thanks IC. Is this all crucian specific or will the same work for the tench ? Much as I love crucians I shall be perfectly content tench fishing, especially as Clarkey has upset the weather fairy. I'm guessing a bit more feed for the tench ?

Didn't you know, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am the weather Fairy......................:D.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Well you're rubbish at it then. Sort yourself out before Monday or I shall be even grumpier than usual.

And that is VERY grumpy as you know !

OK Victor, I will sort it before I have one foot in the Grave...........:D

Tomorrow's weather, Rain, Windy at time's, Sunny spell's, Cloudy, Snow, Thunder and Lighting. Have plenty of beer on ice ready for the very hot spells..............................:D

This is the world wide forecast, not just Surrey.............:wh

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
Two matches fished poorly today. One was won by just 11lb:eek:, the other, a locals match, I didn't get the weight for, but it wasn't much. Match in the week was won (with pellet) at 30lb.

I can't help at all with what it will do tomorrow, but at least the barometer is rising again.

I'd certainly be cautious with the feed.

Good Luck to all.

red creel

Reaction score
See you there tomorrow guys.:)

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

Just thought of one thing i know this is a fish-in rather than a match but the price quoted at the start of the thread is for one rod.Is it ok to fish two rods? obviously i would pay the extra which is £10 i believe for a two rod ticket.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Are there any rudd in the lakes?

I've had some beautiful crimson Rudd to about 1lb but there's certainly loads of crimson blades that can be a bit of a pain at times!

Good luck tomorrow, I hope the Crucians and Tench are kind to you.

Some idiot has organised a Brewery Tour tomorrow evening so I won't be able to nip up the road to harass you all!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for turning up, took me 2 hours 40 mins to get there, and an hour less to get home, more like it.

Well I didn't manage any lump's, just lost 4, with one breaking the hooklink. Had Plenty of Roach and some Rudd with a few very small perch thrown in, they followed Windy round the lake to my swim, Cheers Windy...;).

When I left Skippy had just had his first fish, a small Tinca, It might have been his first FM fish in Fish..........:wh, then again...;).

I understand Skippy is doing a write up,so thats it from me for now.

Will Barnard

Reaction score
Na, skippy took the Itchen apart last winter.

Sorry I didnt get chance to come over and say hi to you all.

Initially I was due to disappear with Geoff M at mid day but decided to stay on for a while and had every intention of being social...however, a need to get some work done had me moving off for home.
I had a crucian early on, just under a pound, and a couple of Tench, biggest 6lb, did have my hook straightened on something large.

Oh, and I shouldnt have asked about the rudd...trillions of them, all small.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Skippy knows i am trying to get steam coming out of his eye's.....:wh, I won't say anything about him and Prince Charles being look alike's.......Ooooopppppp's I did................:D