Another rant about carpers

BarryC

Reaction score
Went fishing this morning nice and early, got settled and started catching a few fish.
Then it happened again.
Ive been anoyed for some time how inconsiderate some can be but this morning it realy got to me.
So when you have someone fishing near you pleeeeease dont FRY BACON.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Now that's the question, was it Carpers or long stay Roach fishermen ?

And do you start with the sausages, add the Hash Browns, Black Pudding, then the Mushrooms, then the Tomatoes cut in half, Bacon, Eggs all in the same frying pan, beans in a saucepan ?

Two slices of fresh bread (buttered) and they blamed my Heart attack on smoking !!

Bob

smudger172

Reaction score

And do you start with the sausages, add the Hash Browns, Black Pudding, then the Mushrooms, then the Tomatoes cut in half, Bacon, Eggs all in the same frying pan, beans in a saucepan ?

Two slices of fresh bread (buttered) and they blamed my Heart attack on smoking !!

Bob

Bob

No..... What you do is cut the sausages up into small pieces, and put into the pan add bacon, mushrooms, and anything you fancy and cook until ready. Then crack two eggs in a cup and whisk together. Pour the eggs over the rest of the ingredients in the pan and two mins later.... All day omelette.. I used to call it a breamers breckfast..

Getting hungry thinking about it

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Nah, it couldn't have been a Carp Angler, you would have known if it was, when it was Delivered to the gate :D

Rickrod

Reaction score
Went fishing this morning nice and early, got settled and started catching a few fish.
Then it happened again.
Ive been anoyed for some time how inconsiderate some can be but this morning it realy got to me.
So when you have someone fishing near you pleeeeease dont FRY BACON.

Could you almost taste it Barry, were your teeth chattering

sumtime

Reaction score
I fished a farm once, had poachers nearby egging each other on, I called the pigs who came rushing over,
caught them red handed, burnt themselves on the hot frying pan. :(

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
nd do you start with the sausages, add the Hash Browns, Black Pudding, then the Mushrooms, then the Tomatoes cut in half, Bacon, Eggs all in the same frying pan, beans in a saucepan ?

Ah, that sounds like the Jamie Oliver one pan brekkie.

I make one very similar myself on the bank, minus the black pudding, but in a second pan a couple of slices of fried bread . . . . . . . . . carping dawn magic I call it

mick b

Reaction score
Ah, that sounds like the Jamie Oliver one pan brekkie.

I make one very similar myself on the bank, minus the black pudding, but in a second pan a couple of slices of fried bread . . . . . . . . . carping dawn magic I call it

Is that why you cant walk very far nowadays Peter.....???

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Is that why you cant walk very far nowadays Peter.....???

Yes mick, that, and a host of other excesses that were quite pleasurable at the time . . . . . . . . .

but mostly down to the residual effects of contracting Legionnaire's Disease 4 years ago and being in a coma for 16 days . . . . . . .

greenie62

Reaction score
....but mostly down to the residual effects of contracting Legionnaire's Disease 4 years ago and being in a coma for 16 days . . . . . . .

Have you woken-up yet Peter? ;)

Ya never know - if ya do this might be all a dream! :eek::D

Tight Lines!

mick b

Reaction score
Yes mick, that, and a host of other excesses that were quite pleasurable at the time . . . . . . . . .

but mostly down to the residual effects of contracting Legionnaire's Disease 4 years ago and being in a coma for 16 days . . . . . . .

Hells Bells Peter..........:eek:

Could post a few jokes about Legionnaire's but it would be in poor taste and I reckon you would have heard them all before anyway.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you woken-up yet Peter?

Ya never know - if ya do this might be all a dream!

Tight Lines!

Definitely woke up Greenie, after all this is real life and not an episode of Dallas . . . . . . (remember that, it was only a dream, he wasn't really dead)

It was the worst time of my life to be honest, I lost a third of my body weight and had to learn to walk all over again, and have residual problems with the legs ever since.

That said, the alternative of not waking up was unconscionable LOL

terry m

Reaction score

Bob

Why bother eating it? Just shove it straight into your left ventricle.....

;)

nicepix

Reaction score

Bob

I used to work with a guy who had those 'breakfast in a tin' meals. Bacon, sausage and beans :puke:

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I used to work with a guy who had those 'breakfast in a tin' meals. Bacon, sausage and beans :puke:

They're known as 'all day growlers' in my house because that is the time it takes and the noise it makes as your stomach tries to digest one of those things.

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Used to laugh a lot when newbies in the cells asked for the all day breakfast and were disappointed when it didn't resemble the truck stop stuff, instead it was sludge on a tray.

nicepix

Reaction score
Used to laugh a lot when newbies in the cells asked for the all day breakfast and were disappointed when it didn't resemble the truck stop stuff, instead it was sludge on a tray.

Ahhh. Memories of the police canteen. I used to ask the server if the pie was home made and when she confirmed that it was I'd say: "In that case I'll have the gammon". :D