I dont believe it !

john step

Reaction score
Just had an email advert from Chapmans. They have a "special edition" seat box and stand for the bargain price of.............................................................................

£1149.00

I wonder if they come in different colours so I can choose one to suit my mood.:wh:wh:wh:wh

sam vimes

Reaction score
It'll be the Guru version of the Rive. Guru Rive ST Seatbox Limited Edition Pack – Chapmans Angling

It's pretty much the going rate, for a D36 ST variant, unless you import direct from France.
Dream D36 ST Open **Pre-order only awaiting date**
Rive ST D36 Dream Pack Seatbox Black/Aqua | Angling Direct

If that model isn't pricey enough for you, you could try the Rive RS1 D36.
Rive RS1 D36 Seatbox

I wonder if they come in different colours so I can choose one to suit my mood.:wh:wh:wh:wh

Buy from Rive, rather than a rebranded Guru/Drennan, and you can have your choice of colours.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
They are having a laugh! The only expression I can immediately come up with is"rip off"

sam vimes

Reaction score
They are having a laugh! The only expression I can immediately come up with is"rip off"

Plenty of match types seem to buy them. Of the little I've seen of them, they do appear to be a few quality notches above the Preston/Maver/Matrix stuff that's in the £400-500 bracket. As ever though, twice the price doesn't get you twice the quality.

B

binka

I'm waiting for the full on wicker version :)

413547031.jpg

Last edited:

Reaction score
The thing that should come with it at that price is a porter to carry it for you(and maybe a couple of nubile wenches),my argument with seat boxes is weight,when fishing with a plastic Shakespeare box it seemed heavy,but was half the weight of today's seat boxes,thus making a trolley/platform a must,unless your looking for a cardiac arrest.;)

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Plenty of match types seem to buy them. Of the little I've seen of them, they do appear to be a few quality notches above the Preston/Maver/Matrix stuff that's in the £400-500 bracket. As ever though, twice the price doesn't get you twice the quality.

I did have a Preston Absolute Compact ( Prestons meaning of compact is different than mine) until recently,
I sold it and bought an old ASI seat box, this may be a tad heavy,but I can carry it and it has made me realize I take to much tackle to various venues, If I have a match I use my grandsons daiwa SB75,
the Preston and the Daiwa are "H" frame style boxes meaning you can adjust the height of the box without adjusting the footplate,I don't think you can do this with the Rive and also the Map Z frame box that is also around a £1000.
I have heard a few things about drawers sticking with the Rive boxes and catches breaking,
What I am saying basically is that you don't have to pay a fortune for a good usable seatbox,
it will be interesting to see the sales reports of the "new" Shakespeare box when it hits the shops properly.

Last edited: