Morale booster

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Out of all of your centre pins which one do you consider to be your favourite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Difficult one that Ray as I like them all.
Obviously the best made/quality are the CL's and at this moment I would have to go for them, probably the floatmaster.
As I say I like them all and my okumas get more use than any, I think for the price, build quality and performance they are superb reels.

John Keane

Reaction score
Around about the middle of May, every year, my wife and I and a mate and his wife take a couple of apartments in Scarborough for 4 days and take along my mate’s wife’s elderly mother (85) who is, quite frankly, an absolute scream!

The highlight of the break is always a trip to RSPB Bempton Cliffs to view the thousands of seabirds nesting on the cliffs. Sadly it looks like no joy this year so I’ve put a couple of my own favourite photos up here. Gannets are such magnificent birds and I’ll miss seeing them this year.

Attachments

• 00F365D0-45E2-4C38-8E7D-39BD7BB33383.jpg
    00F365D0-45E2-4C38-8E7D-39BD7BB33383.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 0F1B5628-49F9-4C0E-99AD-ACF0599D83CD.jpg
    0F1B5628-49F9-4C0E-99AD-ACF0599D83CD.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 145

mikench

Reaction score
One of my favourite birds and locations.The smell of that gannetry when you are downswind of it is unforgettable. I have some pics of a few relatives of theirs if I can find them. Nice pics John.

John Keane

Reaction score
One of my favourite birds and locations.The smell of that gannetry when you are downswind of it is unforgettable. I have some pics of a few relatives of theirs if I can find them. Nice pics John.

Panasonic LUMIX FZ45 Bridge Camera, one of the best I ever had. Not convinced that the latest WiFi, Bluetooth, Superzoom Gnat-on-the-Moon, cameras are a lot better to be honest.

silvers

Reaction score
55C11857-D1C0-4310-AC36-841EB7706D19.jpg
Spot the difference ...

D8AB565D-2C36-4263-AF2B-72107EF9AB31.jpg

The top one was my first ever 3 pound chub ... from the Great Ouse in front of Odell Castle.
It’s the only fish photo that I have on computer!

Last edited:

Reaction score
At the moment my morale is very low,I honestly believe the govt are not telling the country,or even allowing the question to be asked,'how many of the population will catch covid-19?',my own belief is virtually all of us,our lockdown is purely to protect the NHS and the vulnerable as much as possible,definitely a good reason,but not being entirely open with the vulnerable in our society sadly,how many will succumb today...:(
My sister has the virus,she works in Lloyds pharmacy where the owners only supplied safety equipment last week,the cannon fodder again,our prime minister and health minister have been tested positive,when our key workers have not,wtf is going on,if Boris passes its no different to any other member of the public,if a doctor dies its a disaster in our current situation,end of....

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
I suspect many of us feel the same Alan. We are all in the same boat however and just have to get on with it. I suggest you set yourself a target date for fishing at a favoured venue, put it in your diary, mark it on a calendar and look forward to it. I have set a date for the beginning of May. I accept I may have to put it back but c'est la vie.

In the interim do some jobs you know need attention. Spend more time in the garden and get some vitamin D.

silvers

Reaction score
Alan,

If it’s any consolation the criteria for “shielding” are pretty tight ... my mid 80s parents wouldn’t qualify. So there are at least 1.5 million more at risk than them.

Take care, stay home and safe and we’ll get through this.

And our thoughts are with your sister!

Ps. Apologies if my ugly mug depressed you further

Keith M

Reaction score

This is the lake in the grounds of the Warner’s hotel next to Hereford where we should have been spending this weekend (from Fri to Mon) but we got a call saying that they had to cancel our break (we expected that of course) and that we could either get a full refund or postpone our stay for a few months with £100 gratis for us to spend.

The fishing’s not bad either. Nor is the food and entertainment.

Thought that we’d be better off just postponing the break to a later date rather than just cancelling the weekend because everyone will be trying to book breaks once the conovirus epidemic ends and we might not get in anywhere in the rush.:)

Plus the river Wye is just down the road so by then I might be able to have a few hours on the Wye too.

Keith

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When I catch my first barbel I promise a very big smile, !...that’s a promise.:)

Reaction score
Alan,

If it’s any consolation the criteria for “shielding” are pretty tight ... my mid 80s parents wouldn’t qualify. So there are at least 1.5 million more at risk than them.

Take care, stay home and safe and we’ll get through this.

And our thoughts are with your sister!

Ps. Apologies if my ugly mug depressed you further

Why do you think i dont put my pictures on Alex,as for the shielding of older vulnerable people its the point of what percentage are expected to catch this virus,some people on FM think that shutting everyone away will stop them catching the disease,,as I said,I dont think that is how our govt see it,just slowly its progress through the population is its aim.

And Mike,I am generally upbeat,the constant barrage of the media,thinking they are helping is actually going to lead to countless suicides,the bbc news as I write this have said the estimated deaths worldwide could reach 40 million this year,as we have lockdowns in place it could be down to 9.3 million and if mobilised properly could be as low as 1.3 million,all bloody cheerful numbers im sure you will agree...

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
Alan do what I do and switch off. The news media are only interested in the macabre, depressing and outlandish and the more so the better.

Aknib

Reaction score
When I catch my first barbel I promise a very big smile, !...that’s a promise.:)

When all this stuff is over make another promise to reward yourself and bring the good lady up to Newark on Trent for a few days well earned rest, she'll love it and you'll likely catch some Barbel if I've got anything to do with it :)

https://suwalls.com/comics/the-punisher-skull

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’d love that.....one day Steve, one day.

Aknib

Reaction score
One of my appropriately named 'tuppence quills' based on the cost of making 'em...

They still work though...