Inherited rods - info required please

tommos16

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’ve recently been passed down some rods (listed below) - I was looking to see if A) there was any “hidden gems” and B) if there was anyone who wanted to buy them / if there is any value?

They are as follows:

Silstar Carbo Glass 3804 361 12ft match rod 3 piece

Shakespeare Superteam Quattro 1876-360 12ft with one quiver tip (0.5oz) 3 piece

Abu Garcia Bronco Multitip 4100 10ft Quivertp (1oz tip in only) 3 piece

Shakespeare Team Carbon Multitip 1875-360 12ft feeder rod (Missing tips) 3 piece

Abu Garcia 1 12ft Match rod 3 piece

Daisy Delta 2175 - 9 10ft Feeder rod (one tip in only) 3 piece

Shakespeare Lexicon Medium feeder rod 12ft 3 piece

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nottskev

Reaction score
Antiques Roadshow!

At least one of those is a little beauty. The Quattro is a lovely, slim, sweet-actioned light feeder and bomb rod. I bought mine when they were new out, in 1990, I think. It came with 4 tips, and they're of the parallel rather than fast taper type, aimed at slow/stillwater bream fishing. If you like the rod, it wouldn't be hard to find tips that either fit or can be rubbed down to fit. I rate mine as one of the nicest leger rods I've owned, and I've owned a fair few. It got used a lot on the Dee and the Weaver, and caught tons of bream on the Erne. There's a you tube video of a bloke putting a new handle on a rod, and coincidentally, it's one of these, so someone else obviously thought the blank was good enough to deserve it. It's in no way suited to carp, and has a complete lack of spongy foam on the handle - two other attractive features.

ai5.jpg

tommos16

Reaction score
Thanks Kev! Yeah there’s certainly some rods there that are easily as old as me but they’re all in great nick and look the part even now. Might well keep hold of that one... selling wise, would you say £20 was fair? Appreciate your quick reply bud!

nottskev

Reaction score
You're wondering what it's worth? They weren't cheap in their day - I paid £88 with a discount. I wouldn't sell mine, but if I did I'd hold out for more than £20. That would be giving away a great rod for the price of a couple of bags of shopping. That's just my view - hard to say what someone might be happy to pay, and you may just want rid.

tommos16

Reaction score
Thanks Kev. I’m in two minds what to do because I’ve a few good rods already but I love the idea of having a classic. Also seems quite cynical to sell it right after I’ve got it to be honest.

It’s great news it’s a classic though, definitely going to have a fish with it before I make any decisions - I’m at Partridge lakes on Monday so that’ll be ideal!

tommos16

Reaction score
What pool are you on at partridge,?

Probably go for my usual, start on Tweed then move onto the pool end of Pine early afternoon. I like it up the quiet end, plenty of good sport with Carp on light tackle. Do you fish there?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I used to before I moved to Oxford,
I go on there sometimes when I call back upto Warrington.
Used to fish Coveys at the top end 5/6 or the strip lakes, Am still member of Lymm AC so fish their waters as well,
Prefer Dunham Fishery and Lloyd's Meadow to Partridge.

tommos16

Reaction score
This is only my fourth trip and I’ve had some great fish each time so I probably should branch out a bit and see what the Coveys and Canals are like. I’ll check out the other two though, I’m always looking for nice spots to fish.

How’s the fishing down South?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
This is only my fourth trip and I’ve had some great fish each time so I probably should branch out a bit and see what the Coveys and Canals are like. I’ll check out the other two though, I’m always looking for nice spots to fish.

How’s the fishing down South?

Try Holbar when you go to Partridge, I think it's a tad dearer than the other pools, but it's good, fish a feeder and also a margin pole.
I am in 3 clubs down here, Newlands has 4 pools on the Linear complex, Littlemore has some good stretches on the Thames nearby and also shares a stretch with Reading AC. And North Oxford is part of the Oxford district alliance, this has canals and river stretches , also I can fish any other clubs waters that are part of the Alliance, and I can fish Milton Keynes waters and Northampton Nene waters. Total cost for the 3 clubs is around £40.

tommos16

Reaction score
Yeah once I’ve stepped up my tackle a bit Hoover is going to be my aim. Looks to be some great fish in there.

You’ve got some deal down there mate! Plenty of water to go at, I’m jealous.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Yeah once I’ve stepped up my tackle a bit Hoover is going to be my aim. Looks to be some great fish in there.

You’ve got some deal down there mate! Plenty of water to go at, I’m jealous.

It is especially as there are no joining fees,
If you join WAA it will be around £100 for first year, Lymm AC will be around £190, that's a family card as well, partner and 2 kids/grandkids upto age 16 plus night card, even if you are single you still pay the same,
Bay Malton is good value.

Davey8737

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’ve recently been passed down some rods (listed below) - I was looking to see if A) there was any “hidden gems” and B) if there was anyone who wanted to buy them / if there is any value?

They are as follows:

Silstar Carbo Glass 3804 361 12ft match rod 3 piece

Shakespeare Superteam Quattro 1876-360 12ft with one quiver tip (0.5oz) 3 piece

Abu Garcia Bronco Multitip 4100 10ft Quivertp (1oz tip in only) 3 piece

Shakespeare Team Carbon Multitip 1875-360 12ft feeder rod (Missing tips) 3 piece

Abu Garcia 1 12ft Match rod 3 piece

Daisy Delta 2175 - 9 10ft Feeder rod (one tip in only) 3 piece

Shakespeare Lexicon Medium feeder rod 12ft 3 piece

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Hi Tommo16, long shot, donyou still have the Shakespeare Lexicon 12ft?