Travel rod

Qball

Reaction score
Hi all, dose any one know of a good rods I can fit in a back pack. I'm getting a light weight site up on the go

I have just got an Ebike so it's easy to reach the other side of the lake with out hiking 7miles. I'm mainly fishing for perch

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I have a telescopic carp rod that is light enough for Perch, I have often thought it was too light for carp really but, that is where you might be looking, telescopic rods, there are a lot on the market. Try googling it "telescopic rods", I am sure you will find something suitable for Perch and how you want to fish for them.

Qball

Reaction score
You haven’t said how you fish for perch, are you looking for a float, feeder or spinning rod ?

Normally I would just use float for them (it's tried and tested) but where I go fishing if you cast 30foot out it's only about 2 foot deep. Its got really shallow incline then I drops off. so I need a telescope rod or one that brakes down in to 6 that can take a bit abuse of lobbing a some weight out. I've had some of my biggest perch out of here, I'm used to fishing in canals so biggest I ever got was a in the ounces but the lake where im living now im
Screenshot_20200714-225010~2.png
pulling these out

chrissh

Reaction score
Shimano, diawa, and others sell telescopic rod but there mostly short length rods for spinning.

If you want a longer rod have look at the shimano Alivio, Aernos, and Catana rang which are the longer float rods or have a look at bollo rod

The only problem with a float telescopic rod is the pack down size will be around 80cm to 1m and they won’t fit in you back pack without sticking out of the top

Molehill

Reaction score
I do quite a lot of trout fishing by bike (spinning) to access remote areas. Although my rods may not be suitable for you the principal is the same as I carry a backpack.
I use very short 2 pce spinning rods (build myself) about 5-6ft range, I carry in a length of plastic piping just wide enough to slip the rod inside, put a top on or I wedge a lump of old foam inside which also stops it rattling about.
Stand up in rucksack, zip up and go, the tube sticks out the top a bit but I don't find this an issue and ignore it, I will happily ride 10 miles to a venue.

steve2

Reaction score
There are many travel rods on the market that should fit with what you want. I have a 5 piece carp rod sold under the name of Ron Thompson, a ABU Diplomat 4 piece and a 5 piece fly rod. Not as good as 2 piece rods but the fish don't know that.

john step

Reaction score
Go onto eb ay and look up WORLD CLASS CARBON 8 PIECE TRAVEL WAGGLER ROD. sold by COMPLETETACKLESHOP 10 for £27.99p

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
JWYoungs do travel rods, as do masterline under John Wilsons name.
All decent rods and not expensive, check out ebay for them if interested.

sensi

Reaction score
I have JW Young’s Trotter 11 - 13 rod picked up FOC when purchased Young’s Pin just before lockdown. Used it recently on local small river in 11’ form. Performed perfectly well, stopped snag bound Chub in their tracks and hit bites from Dace. Nicely finished rod.

Qball

Reaction score
I do quite a lot of trout fishing by bike (spinning) to access remote areas. Although my rods may not be suitable for you the principal is the same as I carry a backpack.
I use very short 2 pce spinning rods (build myself) about 5-6ft range, I carry in a length of plastic piping just wide enough to slip the rod inside, put a top on or I wedge a lump of old foam inside which also stops it rattling about.
Stand up in rucksack, zip up and go, the tube sticks out the top a bit but I don't find this an issue and ignore it, I will happily ride 10 miles to a venue.
I was thinking of spinning for them but it teaming with pike. If i reel in a worm to fast if I'm going a bit of float fishing on the side, it's going to have a pike bite through the line

Qball

Reaction score
Go onto eb ay and look up WORLD CLASS CARBON 8 PIECE TRAVEL WAGGLER ROD. sold by COMPLETETACKLESHOP 10 for £27.99p
I ended up getting this, perfect size for my fishing bag. Found an old pice of down spout to put it in, I've not tested it yet weather's been awful

Attachments

• IMG_20200827_205442_polarr (1).jpg
    IMG_20200827_205442_polarr (1).jpg
    917.4 KB · Views: 149