Progold monofilament

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
An amazing thread about some fishing line. I go back to my first post to start the thread and repeat my amazement that line considered so good and seemingly with many devotees should be so hard to get hold of.

The fact that fools gold has limited outlets and that combined with seemingly limited quantities suggests to me that isn't as popular as some people would have us believe.
At the end of the day i'm sure the manufacturers of the stuff could produce as much as is required without any hardships if the demand was there.
People brag about fools gold being manufactured in Japan, they mustn't have read the label on sensor, or maybe they have chosen to ignore the fact that sensor is made inJapan also.
Fools gold is made from inferiour materials on old out dated machinery in the basements!
Sensor is made on their very latest high tech machinery in the shop window and from the very best of materials available.....Vive la Sensor!

rayner

Reaction score
Apologies. When you say a little humour you're really over-selling yourself.I thought of your post as an attempted intelligent contribution to an interesting debate. I've never been so wide of the mark. Thanks for highlighting my "issues".Sunshine.

I didn't say I was good at humour ?‍♂️ I thought for intelligent folk the little icons would give it away:LOL:
I think it best to leave it there I could tell you a little story, better not.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I didn't say I was good at humour ?‍♂️ I thought for intelligent folk the little icons would give it away:LOL:
I think it best to leave it there I could tell you a little story, better not.

I do hate it when someone says they have a little story but best not tell.

You tease.?

Reaction score
Is that supposed to make me run down the tackle shop and buy some???

Reaction score
As 3.0lb B/S Sensor has a dia of 0.18mm (according to daiwa) and 3.2lb PG has a claimed dia of 0.146 (measured at 0.13) I'd guess that was quite unlikely.

So how does Ian's post work that if Sensor was available in 2lb bs it would be thinner than PG,seems Sensor would be best used for dog leads as its diameters are so thick and wiry....that's it i'm done,any barrage will be read and laughed over. :LOL:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So how does Ian's post work that if Sensor was available in 2lb bs it would be thinner than PG,seems Sensor would be best used for dog leads as its diameters are so thick and wiry....that's it i'm done,any barrage will be read and laughed over. :LOL:

I always need dog leads !

SLM :)

Reaction score
Just to say I've bought some 4lb sensor and have been using it from roughly the end of the season,as i've said on another thread,it's a decent line,not the best,perhaps,but value for money makes it right up there,as it doesn't let you down....