The river trent etc.

chipbuttee

Reaction score
I am going to try this river for barbel fishing around the Newark area I have never fished it before so I am looking to get two rods what would be the best test curve to use? as for length I would go for 12ft. What would you recommend? I am aware of Drennan, Fox, Korum, Daiwa any others?. Barbel fishing is new to me so any tips/advice would help.
Thanks.

flightliner

Reaction score
Daiwa, Shimano, Drennan all do decant rods, Test curve is a personal thing but perhaps a pair around the 2-5 lb tc Mark wouls do fine, they'd cope OK with the odd flood.
Perhaps you would like to take them float fishing? If so a decant spec ie float rod by any of the manufacturers mentioned above will again be ok.
Good luck!

chipbuttee

Reaction score
Daiwa, Shimano, Drennan all do decant rods, Test curve is a personal thing but perhaps a pair around the 2-5 lb tc Mark wouls do fine, they'd cope OK with the odd flood.
Perhaps you would like to take them float fishing? If so a decant spec ie float rod by any of the manufacturers mentioned above will again be ok.
Good luck!
[/QUOTE
Start with a decent bait first.
[/Q
[/Q
As for baits I was thinking pellet,boilies,meat etc.

john r stockburn

Reaction score
best of luck if your going anywhere near Newark ,.......take loads of whackey-backy and plenty of cheap strong lager and bog paper ,.......you will fit in then