Free Mirror Carp fishing near Southam

Ngmngm

Reaction score
I've a a large pond about 4 miles from Southam with probably 100s of adult mirror carp which I want rid off the lot because I want to turn it into a natural pond with frogs/newts etc which isn't going to happen while they're there chomping everything.

If you're interested in getting these out please message me.

steve2

Reaction score
If you contact one of the fish dealers I am sure that once the carp have been health checked they would net the pond for you. No fish can be moved before a health check takes place and permission from the EA is obtained.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've a a large pond about 4 miles from Southam with probably 100s of adult mirror carp which I want rid off the lot because I want to turn it into a natural pond with frogs/newts etc which isn't going to happen while they're there chomping everything.

If you're interested in getting these out please message me.

Great idea, hope all goes well for you!

Molehill

Reaction score
Have you a large freezer, eat them then no worries with paperwork and burocracy.
Or find a fishmonger that wants them, plenty of nationalities like carp. Best place for them is the frying pan (y)

steve2

Reaction score
Have you a large freezer, eat them then no worries with paperwork and burocracy.
Or find a fishmonger that wants them, plenty of nationalities like carp. Best place for them is the frying pan (y)

I did once put forward at a club meeting when the question was asked what should we do with the carp in one of our ponds. I said dig a big hole and bury them needless to say it did go down very well. In the end they were netted and given away if I remember right it was over 3000 carp from what was a relatively small pond.

Unfortunately the carp boys won and the pond was stocked with bigger carp that are once again breeding. So the cycle began again.

Ngmngm

Reaction score
I tried cooking a massive one and literally shrunk to mush and bones. Disgusting.
If no one wants them I'll net them out, kill and bury them.

Molehill

Reaction score
My post was slightly, but not entirely tongue in cheek. As a youngster I did my fish farming apprenticeship in Bavaria on a carp farm and nearly all the fish (many tons) went for the table. Carp was a staple dish there and on every pub and restaurant menu (also the traditional Christmas dinner), I soon grew to really look forward to it.

Historically many inland countries had no access to sea fish - before refrigeration - so learnt how to make the best of what was available. Carp are a traditional food for many and on a part with our cod and chips.

Ask many an British angler and they will tell you that "Eastern Europeans" are emptying our lakes of fish like carp, and there is your market for your carp, all ready and waiting. All you need is someone to catch them and a fishmonger to sell them!

Many years back I managed a small lake that was full to bursting with stunted 4oz carp, I caught them and gave them to every angling club I could find till they took no more, then I dug a hole in the woods and buried them. It did the trick though and the remaining fish immediately began to put on weight, sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

steve2

Reaction score
From what see it would be impossible for East Europeans to empty any lake of carp without a trawler there are so many of the things.
In many cases removing a few would help the other species.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I tried cooking a massive one and literally shrunk to mush and bones. Disgusting.
If no one wants them I'll net them out, kill and bury them.

I'm sure there will be a fishing club who would want them for sure. They may not even need a health check if going to a water with no inlets/outlets. A quick phone call to the ea would clear that up. Infact the ea may even take the fish.

I think your idea of a natural pool for wildlife is great by the way!

Ngmngm

Reaction score
Sod netting it at first, get a few like minded anglers to rod and line some out, even charge them for the privilege, Then net it .
There's not exactly a que at my door is there.
No one wants them for free, never mind charging.

Molehill

Reaction score
A few leaflets round town in the right area "Catch your own carp to eat, $5 for 2 fish" and you will have punters queuing down the road :D.

avonmaster

Reaction score
Hi, do you still have these carp, and what size are they. And are they all mirrors