How did you get on?

Reaction score
Since I retired,the Miele is my domain,got a nice pinny when I wash...:ROFLMAO:

christhoel

Reaction score
Fished a little brook in middle of a industrial estate in chesterfield!
A 6 mile round trip walked for one fish but a beautiful fish it was and nota native to derbyshire but they are stocked further upstream at a trout fishery !
Tried various little pool after getting moved on from the first venue by council workers !
No look in 3 pools then hit the waterfall and hooked a little rainbow a very rare catch in these rivers and brooks !
Just 1 bite that’s it and 1 fish for 5 hours nearly !
We’ll go again soon!
DBB2102C-AB3F-4309-981A-39CB5D54BAF3.jpeg
17E549C6-70E7-4333-A2FF-584B866D3920.jpeg
A89E0F66-D025-4528-B394-DBF007C37172.jpeg
43FF4B42-06F0-43DA-B90A-A2A62E1FFA79.jpeg
669CA14D-4B74-42C7-A2FA-82F778DF2685.jpeg

flightliner

Reaction score
Fished a little brook in middle of a industrial estate in chesterfield!
A 6 mile round trip walked for one fish but a beautiful fish it was and nota native to derbyshire but they are stocked further upstream at a trout fishery !
Tried various little pool after getting moved on from the first venue by council workers !
No look in 3 pools then hit the waterfall and hooked a little rainbow a very rare catch in these rivers and brooks !
Just 1 bite that’s it and 1 fish for 5 hours nearly !
We’ll go again soon!View attachment 10793View attachment 10794View attachment 10795View attachment 10796View attachment 10797
Christoel, would that be the river Hipper by any chance?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
The Thames at Windsor today and what a lovely day too. No wind to speak of and warm sunshine. I will be fishing there this Sunday on a club fixture so went with a plan. Instead of the slider down the middle I opted for 17ft Acolite and a 1:5gr Dave Harrell bolo float.

E8931DC1-A9CC-4967-A0A8-97336F433E85.jpeg
1D5DA976-2DFE-4440-ABCB-3507E0D7D426.jpeg

Just swinging out to hand it was 9ft deep with a gentle flow, fed 4 balls of gb. Feeding hemp and caster every put in, the perch and roach soon turned up.
Some lovely dace soon joined the party until it went dead around midday. An hour later the roach appeared again for a spell until I packed up at 3pm. No scales but I reckon 10lb in all so if I draw up in this deep section I’ll set up the same and a waggler rod for the middle.

2810CC57-4E5D-46FF-9FE6-F4B5C1589DBC.jpeg

john step

Reaction score
One of those days. I got tackle ready and drove to a river to find I couldnt see any water. Wall to wall duckweed. It was Ok when I looked Saturday so it must have drifted down.
That left me with only 4 hours on a club lake on the route homewards. Same old same old but better than going home and not fishing. Four carp and four f1s on a completely wrong rod. My Acy ultra and a very gentle play without any mishaps.
Thats it for a few days. DIY beckons.

Reaction score
Fished the small river again yesterday,but in the early,unpopular pegs(rarely catch a barbel in them),anyway i'd seen a lot of big dace feeding in one swim on another anglers maggots a few weeks back so decided to try for them,started on stick float(3 no.4),with an 8,9 and 10 shot down the line,after an hour the river dropped and I fished with just the 9 & 10 down and even then was dragging bottom fishing 18" deep, I had six dace,three around 7/8ozs,several perch,chublets to 6ozs and one chub around 2lbs,plus gudgeon,there were several decent chub sweeping in a times and picking up maggots,at the time I couldn't catch them,and all my other fish had dropped downstream,out of reach,anyway,I thought about packing around noon,but it was nice to be there. Anyway,I persevered and changed to a 2bb waggler,one no.10 down,trying to fool the chub,there was only one fool here however,I got broke four times,just not being able to stop the buggers getting into near/far bank foliage,anyway,I just carried on,got more aggresive on hooking and caught 12 chub in total,to 3lbish,still losing odd ones,even on heavier hooklengths,they just kite from one side to the other at high speed...good day on paper,a frustrating one,but fun...fancy a change of tack for a bit now,get a few blanks in.... :)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I had the latter part of the afternoon swimming the stream today. The river was up and not fit for trotting really but I know of a long length that can be fished from the banks and so gave it a go. I roaved along the bank and dropped into any spots that took my fancy. Anyhow, I did al reet and had about fifteen chub. I reckon they varied in size from a pound and a half up to about three pound. They fought well for their size in the current and extra water and tried their hardest to kite into the submerged bankside vegatation. They all failed to get in the vegatation as I really put the pressure on to keep them out.....

The Runner

Reaction score
Squally rain this morning cleared around 1pm so decided to have a short lure session somewhere. Perfect wind and tide fior Aird/ Kilmaluag but long walk would cut available fishing time too much so had a first visit of the year to Staffin where the walk is only about 15minutes each way
Travelled ultra light. no big rod as never had much there on it , so just took lure rod, small bag and lifejacket.
IMG_1702.JPG

Expected a reasonable swell with the fresh breeze but it was a lot more than that and building all the time with the tide. Started on the ledges in front of the pinnacles, had a short take second cast on a 4 inch roach paddletail, nothing more, switched to a slightly smaller lure, black & white Cannibal Shad but soon had to retreat . Here's why.
IMG_1704.JPG

Moved along 100 yards to a gully and bay not so affected by the swell and where I would stay dry
IMG_1707.JPG

And after 20 minutes had a decent pollack, only fish of the day
IMG_1706.JPG

Gully turned to white water once the tide covered the outer rocks and I got forced round to fish further into the bay- no more takes so called it a day.
Nice three hours in the fresh air.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
The Thames at Windsor today and what a lovely day too. No wind to speak of and warm sunshine. I will be fishing there this Sunday on a club fixture so went with a plan.

There'll be no warm sunshine on Sunday.I hope that plan includes waterproofs.....you stand every chance of getting washed off. Best let the Coastguard know :oops:

wetthrough

Reaction score
Thursday with all the 'have to do' things done and still have maggots left from the ones @mikench gave me. Set to be a relatively nice day with just a shower predicted for one o'clock. Arrived at my local pool around 10:30 not a soul fishing, had the place to myself all day. A couple of Crucian, two Bream, several skimmers and some sizeable Roach one of which snapped me off when it wrapped round what is apparently a scaffold pole sticking up in the middle? Ended up at 3 o'clock with 25 with most of the better Roach going to Tares on the drop. Would have taken a picture of the water but had an audience of other members towards the end.

TCC_BreamCrucian_20201001.jpg

Friday decided to fish the venue Mike and I went to when the Benedorm bag lady messed up our plans. Arrived around 7am and managed to get on the East side as we'd previously planned. I needn't have worried, no bag lady or anyone else for that matter. The place was deserted, just one other arrived around midday fishing the tip on the opposite side. Fishing at round 20M on the bottom and by a patch of Lilies to my left. It's a hit and miss venue, no sign of Carp or Bream and what I did get was hard won ending up with 30, mostly Roach, a few Rudd and a single small Perch. The guy on the tip packed up around 2:30 fishless afaics. Exceptionally difficult to hit the bites by the Lilies despite dropping down to 2lb to 20s.

BHF_East_20201002.jpg

mikench

Reaction score
Glad you got there Gordon. That water is so predictably unpredictable but can be worth the effort. I'm still amazed at the lack of success I've had on the feeder. It's sort of comforting to know I'm not alone.

Reaction score
My day was cancelled,as it rained most of yesterday,all night and most of today,being soaked through when I dont need to be,no the hell with that....

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Club fixture today at Windsor on the Thames. Arrived at 7am to help the match secretary do the pegging. The river was raging through as expected and the rain was still falling..Many of the pegs were under water and as a lot of them have muddy steps down, we had to leave them out.

FC9A0EDD-9512-4BC5-9BE4-6925CABEE20A.jpeg

960B8028-694C-4527-8E77-E78E53986C56.jpeg

These photos don’t do it justice but believe me it was flowing really fast with boils everywhere. I had a go on the slider at first but it was totally ineffective in the flow. Cut that off and replaced it with a stick float and fished the near slack. It was just 3’ deep but small fish were there for the taking. Chublets, dacelets, bleak, small roach and gudgeon. I did try a heavy cage feeder with a long bow in the line but there was so much rubbish coming down that also ended up the bank...By midday the rain stopped and I spent the final 4 hours bit bashing in the edge with the stick float. Had around 45 fish for 3:2:0 with none over 2oz, hey ho that’s match fishing...

AEA7DCC5-B47F-4A90-BFF1-8AC10415357D.jpeg

Winner had 13lb and 2nd 7lb.. I came 2nd in section by default so no cigar today.