Bon après-midi or good afternoon

Silure

Reaction score
I live in South West France in the région known as the land of 10,000 lakes. We have several large rivers nearby. Most of the fishing is free but to fish the rivers a licence is needed. I have a small lake of 6000 sq metres that is stocked with breqm roach carp tench and the dreaded catfish. The catfish are up to 60 pounds at the moment and seem to be eating all the bream I stocked. I statrted up a fishing club, Roussac Amicale Péche Société and now have over 50 memebers. Anyone wanting advice on fishing in France I may be able to help.

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Change your moniker and you and I will get on. ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Only joking but I hate catfish despite never catching one or even seeing one in the flesh. Mind you can anyone say that up close they are pretty little things and rather cute. Amphibious slugs spring to mind. I stick to sea fishing when en France to save my marriage.:rolleyes:

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum. It will nice to read your posts. I expect the SW to start fishing well soon as you get warmer quicker than we do here in the UK.
I fished a small river at Pons a few times. Roach, carp mainly.

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Silure and welcome to the forum.

I have a small lake of 6000 sq metres that is stocked with Bream roach carp tench and the dreaded catfish. The catfish are up to 60 pounds at the moment and seem to be eating all the bream I stocked.

NB: We have a few rogue Wells Catfish up to around 50lb in a couple of waters not far from me and I’m of the opinion that the only things I like about Catfish is that they seem to like eating Bream and foreign Crayfish :giggle: Unfortunately they also seem to like other species too.

Keith

Last edited:

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
Hi Silure, good to see another angler from France on the forum, there seem to be a few now that are either living here or regular visitors.

I live just east of Cahors and fish the river Lot. My favourite place of all time now, never found a place that suits me better and at age 68 I am too tired to look further. Good life and good fishing!

Look forward to your posts (y)

Silure

Reaction score
Hi Silure, good to see another angler from France on the forum, there seem to be a few now that are either living here or regular visitors.

I live just east of Cahors and fish the river Lot. My favourite place of all time now, never found a place that suits me better and at age 68 I am too tired to look further. Good life and good fishing!

Look forward to your posts (y)
Hi I live near Limoges and fish the Vienne. I am 71 and also fish all the local matches with the French. I must say the French way of having a match is far nicer , having a 2 hour break midday for a 4 course meal and wine goes down very well with me.

Silure

Reaction score
Hi Silure and welcome to the forum.

NB: We have a few rogue Wells Catfish up to around 50lb in a couple of waters not far from me and I’m of the opinion that the only things I like about Catfish is that they seem to like eating Bream and foreign Crayfish :giggle: Unfortunately they also seem to like other species too.

Keith
I have asked those fishing my lake that if they catch a catfish to kill it. several small ones have been caught up to 5 pounds but there is a bigger one in there as some dutch fisherpeople caught it last year. They photographed it and put it back!!!!!!! I was not happy.

Silure

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum. It will nice to read your posts. I expect the SW to start fishing well soon as you get warmer quicker than we do here in the UK.
I fished a small river at Pons a few times. Roach, carp mainly.
2 weeks ago I fished at a lake Eguzon made by damming the river Creuse. First time of fishing there.As you can see it is very wide and must be several mile long. Lots of bream and big carp.
20210216_140157.jpg

Silure

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Change your moniker and you and I will get on. ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Only joking but I hate catfish despite never catching one or even seeing one in the flesh. Mind you can anyone say that up close they are pretty little things and rather cute. Amphibious slugs spring to mind. I stick to sea fishing when en France to save my marriage.:rolleyes:
Changed.

Molehill

Reaction score
Hi I live near Limoges and fish the Vienne. I am 71 and also fish all the local matches with the French. I must say the French way of having a match is far nicer , having a 2 hour break midday for a 4 course meal and wine goes down very well with me.

I could take up match fishing for that ?.