Been in France two years and have been fishing small private lake got Carp
Floating crust and dog biscuits nearest I can get to Fly for Salmon
Wanting to know about Barbel fishing in the Vienne or Charente
I live 30 kmd south of Confolens

thank you for accepting me

JohnPT

Reaction score
Thank you
I saw something somewhere from a member called “nicepix” who seemed to know a lot
Hopefully he or she is still around

mikench

Reaction score
Look for Pelamid, Phillip, Silure and Roger Johnson all English anglers living the life in France; bar stewards! ??

They are regular contributors, keen anglers and very knowledgeable. The names I have given are their forum names.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy. Post lots of pics on the HDYGO ( how did you get on) thread in General fishing and make us all envious.

john step

Reaction score
I think he was booted off. Shame really as he posted some good stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Welcome to FM. From memory there is loads of fishing in your region whilst holidaying there years ago.

I did enquire of nicepix some time ago. Peter Jacobs told me he was not banned but stopped posting. As he is still probably a member why not try a personal message which may get through to him if he hasn't changed his email address.

JohnPT

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. From memory there is loads of fishing in your region whilst holidaying there years ago.

I did enquire of nicepix some time ago. Peter Jacobs told me he was not banned but stopped posting. As he is still probably a member why not try a personal message which may get through to him if he hasn't changed his email address.
Yes it seemed he knows quite a bit about this region of France
i will try messaging
thanks

JohnPT

Reaction score
Thanks guys
think I’ve found him on the Berlingo forum.
I will stay in this group as I need some tips on barbel and cats as time goes on
??

john step

Reaction score
If its not him try a mole catchers forum if such a thing exists as that is what he does/did.

Roger Johnson 2

Reaction score
Hi John, welcome to the forum.
Firstly, despite what others may say (@mikench) I would like to dispel the rumor that my career is bar tending!
Secondly, at the risk of sounding like I’m touting for business, we run a BnB on the banks of the Dordogne with a barbel swim at the bottom of the garden, which, I think, is, amongst other things,why I’m accused of being a bar tender. We’d love to see you for a stay if you can make it, October/November most reliable for barbel but September is beautiful as we still have the weather but fewer tourists. We’re only a couple of hours away from you at Beaulieu sûr Dordogne, but I’m sure there’s plenty of barbelling nearer to you.
The locals here think I’m crazy fishing for barbel as they are either fly or predator anglers!
Tight lines
Roger

Roger Johnson 2

Reaction score
I can only guarantee 2 out of 3, and you don’t get to choose which !

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
Hi

Quite a few on this forum either live in France or know its fishing. Must be someone who can give you a clue?

I live east of Cahors and have had a wonderful few years here. Just getting to grips with the river Lot and enjoying every moment!

Silure

Reaction score
Hi

Barbel by the bridges in Confolens. Go along to Availles Limouzine pass the campsite and there is fishing along there. Continue along the small road for about 4 kilometre and you come to the river again. All alony there for Bream big roach carp zander. Continur along the lane to the barrage de Jousseau. Again very good fishing.

Silure

Reaction score
Thanks guys
think I’ve found him on the Berlingo forum.
I will stay in this group as I need some tips on barbel and cats as time goes on
??
I have cats in my lake. We are in Haute Vienne