Preston Onbox

bantam_dave21

Reaction score
Hiya,

is there any way of identifying Preston onbox models from photos based on some form of characteristic to a particular range?

I’ve got the opportunity of one along with a few other bits fairly local at reasonable money. But has a missing leg - would like to fathom if I can still get spares and extras for it.

Thanks guys

Attachments

• 50A67CBF-0357-48CD-B202-35E16C1FB2E3.jpeg
    50A67CBF-0357-48CD-B202-35E16C1FB2E3.jpeg
    657 KB · Views: 92

bantam_dave21

Reaction score
Difficult to tell but the blue bait tray with the drawer underneath is orginal as I have the same one . . . .
To a returning fisher/newbie how’s it rate sir? I don’t want to spend huge but Preston appear to be good gear, this is available locally with side trays etc, brolly holder, feeder arm and some others bits - a rod or two and keep net £130….

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Going by the clasps it's an early model, you may struggle for extra units.
As for legs I think they are 19mm square,
These should still be available, other brands had them as well .Mave for one with a couple of their mxi boxes.
You say it's missing a leg, one of the front legs seems to be missing a swivel mud foot, so you would need two legs at around £20 each.
I would offer £120 knowing that you need two legs.

bantam_dave21

Reaction score
Hiya…quick update and slight change of direction until the Preston box materialises (or another similar)
Just picked up a Milo pro seat box looks to have had very little use £40 put me on for now…. Footplate, brolly holder, roller, feeder arm etc and an AVanti box thrown in for my lad also with footplate and a few bits, fairly happy for now just need some side trays now ?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Hiya…quick update and slight change of direction until the Preston box materialises (or another similar)
Just picked up a Milo pro seat box looks to have had very little use £40 put me on for now…. Footplate, brolly holder, roller, feeder arm etc and an AVanti box thrown in for my lad also with footplate and a few bits, fairly happy for now just need some side trays now ?
The legs on it will more than likely be19mm square.
There are plenty of side trays from different brands that will fit, priced from reasonable around £20 to expensive around £100.

bantam_dave21

Reaction score
Hi Mark

added bonus with the Milo box at least hadn't realised the side tray stows under neath, found when unloading from the car....one job less. :)