river wharfe at poole

riverman

Reaction score
been on the wharfe at poole today for an 8 hour session and it didn't fish as well as i thought it would.set 2 rods up.maggot on the stick and meat on the feeder rod.started off ok with a grayling around the 12 oz mark and a chublet around the 8oz mark on the stick and then the minnows moved in and attacked every cast for about an hour.i put the float rod down and fished the feeder rod with hemp and caster in the feeder and luncheon meat on the hook and had only 1 take which shot off down the river and spit the hook.i went back on the stick and had a brownie around the 6oz mark and an even smaller dace as well as a load more of them annoying minnows.i did manage another chublet and 1 more dace and that was it.after that i concentrated on the feeder rod but no more takes and packed up at 15.30.nice looking peg and the rain held off but disappointed overall.

nottskev

Reaction score
been on the wharfe at poole today for an 8 hour session and it didn't fish as well as i thought it would.set 2 rods up.maggot on the stick and meat on the feeder rod.started off ok with a grayling around the 12 oz mark and a chublet around the 8oz mark on the stick and then the minnows moved in and attacked every cast for about an hour.i put the float rod down and fished the feeder rod with hemp and caster in the feeder and luncheon meat on the hook and had only 1 take which shot off down the river and spit the hook.i went back on the stick and had a brownie around the 6oz mark and an even smaller dace as well as a load more of them annoying minnows.i did manage another chublet and 1 more dace and that was it.after that i concentrated on the feeder rod but no more takes and packed up at 15.30.nice looking peg and the rain held off but disappointed overall.

Just noticed your post. People post their reports on a thread called How Did You Get On in General Fishing. All welcome, and more people will see it there. The River Reports section doesn't get visited much.