Quick Change

Zyvis

Reaction score
Edited out due to primary school playground antics from the resident plank mafia (it happened even quicker than I thought)

Last edited:

nottskev

Reaction score
Hi. Your posts are interesting, even though I'm not a carp angler. But you hint at excellent lines, a game changing quick-change set up, and don't say what they are. Why the tease? If you want to share the information, tell us.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Hi. Your posts are interesting, even though I'm not a carp angler. But you hint at excellent lines, a game changing quick-change set up, and don't say what they are. Why the tease? If you want to share the information, tell us.
According to another post he is only going to do that if we are nice people and not like on other forums! I don't understand either. maybe this is building up to an advert! This other post was a tease as well, not sure what's it about.

I have developed a fantastic method of naturally preserving cooked maize with delicious things from the supermarket. It is not heavily salted or sweetened - nothing to do with that
There are no chemicals preservatives used, and it will keep for at least a year in your cupboard. Its also deadly for carp, big roach, bream, barbel, and chub
If people are friendly on here (unlike other forums) I will give them some guidance

Last edited:

Zyvis

Reaction score
Edited out due to RUDENESS
What a shame, people could have learnt something important

Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
Blah blah blah!

If you stopped being up yourself, and thinking that you know better than everyone else, then you wouldn’t get all of the stick you’ve been getting off of other people on this and other forums :)

Your your own worst enemy, and putting forward your ‘know it all’ persona isn’t going to get anyone to want to listen to you is it???

And if YOU are a bit more friendly then we might even give YOU a few fishing tips as well.;)

Just Chill out and start again zyvis (y)

Keith

rayner

Reaction score
If you are using running leads, or my preference is running inlines, then the best quick change system (by MILES) is a quick change bead
They are very strong, and also being highly engineered plastic polycarbonate of some sort, will not damage lines. There are a few versions around. The Drennan ones are well made but they float which isn't ideal. The SMALL size is the one you want, the mini one is too tiny (no I do not work for Drennan and would never wish to, they are one of my least favourite tackle giants as far as communication/friendliness is concerned)
The design is almost perfect, very robust in use, compact and streamlined - pulling through weeds etc. (the forces are going the right way - pushing the bead further ON rather than pulling a sleeve off, as the terminal tackle is pulled through reeds, weed etc. by you on the retrive/during the fight)
The swivel I discovered is, for my favourite style of fishing, a game changer. Its for PM only because I do not want to advertise for the small/medium sized tackle company which produces them which I dislike, and the maize method is hard fought and I don't want to give my edges away in public (at least not straight away) - hence hinting that if people If people message me (nicely) they can find out. Theres no rules about how you write your posts - and it worked anyway, I got you talking! And to be fair I told you about a great much overlooked product. No I am not advertising, quite the opposite - I'm trying to AVOID advertising!!
I don't like forums and might not stick around, but prove you are different. That's another reason to be cautious - giving superb ideas away to people who aren't nice
If your insight into simple quick-change systems is so incognito then why even mention your thoughts on a forum. Especially a forum that is all about sharing.
We have a very good relationship with our members on here and if we do have secrets we keep them to ourselves.
You sound quite an intelligent chap so consider this before you post secrets not to share.

nottskev

Reaction score
A man is walking towards a town.
He stops a person walking out of the town.
"Tell me", he asks "What are the people of this town like?"
The other replies "What were they like in the town you just left?"
"They were", the man says "rotten, miserable selfish bastards."
"You'll probably find them the same here".

Love those Zen parables.

Btw, any interest I might have had in your insights and discoveries has evaporated.

Zyvis

Reaction score
A man is walking towards a town.
He stops a person walking out of the town.
"Tell me", he asks "What are the people of this town like?"
The other replies "What were they like in the town you just left?"
"They were", the man says "rotten, miserable selfish bastards."
"You'll probably find them the same here".

Love those Zen parables.

Btw, any interest I might have had in your insights and discoveries has evaporated.
That's such a shame
You might have learnt something

Zyvis

Reaction score
Blah blah blah!

If you stopped being up yourself, and thinking that you know better than everyone else, then you wouldn’t get all of the stick you’ve been getting off of other people on this and other forums :)

Your your own worst enemy, and putting forward your ‘know it all’ persona isn’t going to get anyone to want to listen to you is it???

And if YOU are a bit more friendly then we might even give YOU a few fishing tips as well.;)

Keith
I wish I was unaware of things too
That would certainly be blissful
I'm not going to take your bait. I doubt you've ever had anything positive to say about anybody or anyTHING in your life, so you have my sympathy

Zyvis

Reaction score
Blah blah blah!

Keith

Zyvis

Reaction score
As a new member allow me to highlght that we do not allow that type of comment here on FM.
We do try to keep things civil . . . .
Oh of course! And this IS acceptable, because it was written not by me but by one of your accepted little plank mafia:

''If you stopped being up yourself, and thinking that you know better than everyone else, then you wouldn’t get all of the stick you’ve been getting''

DaveDaveDave

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can see that you are going to be difficult . . . therefore please take this as a final warning as to your attitude here on FM . . .
I think he was provoked actually
What sort of clique exactly do you run here?
Its pretty sad. I very rarely come on these forums either as they tend to be childish and boring
Anybody who comes on here who's different, with new ideas and fresh thinking, tends to get shouted out and blocked
I came on here to stick up for my mate who's a superb angler and had products developed with major companies.
You need to wake up and be a bit more open minded

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Not odd at all Alan.

A duplicate member posting from an identical IP address caused trouble then sent me a rather disturbing PM for which he was banned following unanimous agreement of staff.