Plea For Help!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
One of those useless facts but I read somewhere that if you only ate one food bananas would keep you alive longer than any other food, you might get constipation and eventually you would die through lack of certain proteins but there it is.
More relevantly banana is rich in some minerals and vitamins, if they do help cramp then it may be in a deficiency of one of these that is causing it. I think you can have allergy, vitamin, mineral tests of some sort these days and that might identify why you are getting cramp, but I am only thinking aloud, I don't know the answer.

mikench

Reaction score
I was intrigued by the bar of soap suggestion by Sam and found this article.

If something works for you like soap, copper bracelets, magnets then try it and continue with it. Médecine doesn't always have the right rational answers. I wouldn't discount anything.
I inherited a circulation booster gizmo( Revititive??) from my late Dad who swore by it. He had Parkinson's but lived to 93. I have no idea if it works and it may be hocus pocus but if you think it does and it relieves your symptoms, it is worth a try . I have used it as has my wife with no ill effects and it certainly helped when I had sciatica. You are seeking a cure which does not exist in the medically proven sense so anything is worth a try as above.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Bananas are rich in potassium,excuse the spelling,which is good for alleviating cramp.

mikench

Reaction score
Im glad you mentioned it Kev. I was reluctant to do so as i had contributed responses to his plea. Im beginning to think he produces articles without a care what we think as he seldom contributes to discussions even those he initiates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Im glad you mentioned it Kev. I was reluctant to do so as i had contributed responses to his plea. Im beginning to think he produces articles without a care what we think as he seldom contributes to discussions even those he initiates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally agree on that mike.

I am still waiting for a reply to the questions I posed back in his second article . . .

Keith M

Reaction score
I often used to suffer from bad leg cramps in my right calf and have to get out of bed fast and hop around putting some weight on my affected leg until it subsided.

Apart from ensuring that I’ve drank plenty of liquid during the day; I now put extra covering on top of my lower legs at night, and in the depths of winter a hot water bottle; when it gets really cold outside, and that seems to have cured the cramps that I regularly had in my right calf.

But occasionally in the warmer months when the wife has one of her sweaty episodes, and decides to put thinner bed linen on I still get the occasional cramp in my right leg. (and very occasionally my middle leg :))

Keith

Last edited:

Crystal Bend

Reaction score
John is probably busy guiding, working, writing articles, researching and responding to other work emails.
I'm sure he appreciates all the advice given & will be along at some stage in the future when he can.

bullet

Reaction score
He's certainly been responding to all the flack he's been getting on the Salmon Fishing Forum, maybe that's taking all his time up..?

sam vimes

Reaction score
Both John Bailey and Dave Coster were "members" of the forum when their initial articles appeared as posts. I noticed that Dave Coster had turned into a "guest" first and, more recently, John Bailey followed suit. Whether a guest can actually post a reply is down to the priveledges the board management bestow on a guest. However, most forums do not allow guests to post. In fact, on this forum, you might notice that an old thread, featuring long dormant posters (passed away, banned or just left the forum), shows many of them as "guests". I dare say that JB and DC might be able to respond if they wanted to, even if it required the assistance of the management. However, I suspect that expecting responses is probably futile.

nottskev

Reaction score
Both John Bailey and Dave Coster were "members" of the forum when their initial articles appeared as posts. I noticed that Dave Coster had turned into a "guest" first and, more recently, John Bailey followed suit. Whether a guest can actually post a reply is down to the priveledges the board management bestow on a guest. However, most forums do not allow guests to post. In fact, on this forum, you might notice that an old thread, featuring long dormant posters (passed away, banned or just left the forum), shows many of them as "guests". I dare say that JB and DC might be able to respond if they wanted to, even if it required the assistance of the management. However, I suspect that expecting responses is probably futile.

Someone asked Dave what lines he used - he was straight back with the answer., in the next post iirc.

I'd also say that posting about, say, river pollution, is consistent with the normal writer/reader relation in journalism, and we don't expect journalists to correspond with us. But when the writer posts about a personal health issue and invites advice from readers, I think that sets up a reasonable expectation of at least some dialogue.

bullet

Reaction score

That's an interesting point, I've just looked at the Salmon Forum and JB is listed as a member on there.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Someone asked Dave what lines he used - he was straight back with the answer., in the next post iirc.

I'd also say that posting about, say, river pollution, is consistent with the normal writer/reader relation in journalism, and we don't expect journalists to correspond with us. But when the writer posts about a personal health issue and invites advice from readers, I think that sets up a reasonable expectation of at least some dialogue.
I know that they have both responded on the forum before. However, the status of both has since changed to "guest". Why that is I've no idea, but it has happened.

nottskev

Reaction score
If, as you say Sam, the guest/reader sphere's are strictly separate, I can only say, to the guest, don't come running to us next time you get cramp. :)