Daiwa Carryall ideas

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an old Daiwa carryall, i was just wondering are there any ideas how i can reinforce/ stiffen the base of it?

Thanks in advance

mikench

Reaction score
Dépendant on diameter cut a piece of drainpipe or rod tube with cap on and place within at the bottom. I use this method to protect the bottom of any rod hold-all against bank stickers etc.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Dépendant on diameter cut a piece of drainpipe or rod tube with cap on and place within at the bottom. I use this method to protect the bottom of any rod hold-all against bank stickers etc.
Good idea, but this is for a Carryall.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
So, i listened to your ideas, and decided to see what i could come up with.

I had an old length of engineered flooring, that looked ideal for what i needed, i just cut it to length. Wrapped it in an old piece of Tarp and wrapped it in thick Gorilla Tape.

It is great, does exactly what i wanted it too, and was free as i already had the parts.

Thanks for your ideas.
20211003_100812.jpg

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
So, i listened to your ideas, and decided to see what i could come up with.

I had an old length of engineered flooring, that looked ideal for what i needed, i just cut it to length. Wrapped it in an old piece of Tarp and wrapped it in thick Gorilla Tape.

It is great, does exactly what i wanted it too, and was free as i already had the parts.

Thanks for your ideas.View attachment 17235
@markg will be patenting this now, and claiming it for himself

Philip

Reaction score
I stiffened up the base of a rucksack with one of those foam kneeling mats used for gardening. It was absolutly perfect...stiffened up the base, is waterproof and best of all weighs basically zero.

I imagine any bit of highly compressed/stiff foam will do the same job and its easy to cut to any size too.