Heated waistcoats.

seth49

Reaction score
Anyone use one of these, thinking of getting one for cold weather fishing, talking to a chap wearing one last winter and he swore by his.
There’s plenty on eBay for around £20 or so, and I have a few power packs, so wouldn’t need to buy one of them, anyone on here have any comments about them.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea, think I might get one, several coming up on eBay as new buys though, I will look into it further. If it means having to wear less less heavy clothing that will be welcome. Thanks Seth for the heads up, never would have thought of it myself.

Keith M

Reaction score
My daughter bought me one last Xmas and I’ve been wearing it whenever it’s been a bit chilly out. The battery lasts for ages and it keeps me as warm as toast.

NB: I’ve also used the battery to re-charge my phone once when I was night fishing.

Keith

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Sounds like a good idea, think I might get one, several coming up on eBay as new buys though, I will look into it further. If it means having to wear less less heavy clothing that will be welcome. Thanks Seth for the heads up, never would have thought of it myself.
And don't try to save money on power packs by plugging yourself into the mains. ?

seth49

Reaction score
Well I’ve decided to get one, ordered one last night, £25 without power pack as I have several of these, looking at some utube videos the sizes are smaller than they say, so I’ve ordered mine two sizes bigger.

Thanks for the comments, I’ll post on here when I’ve tested it, might have to wait a couple of weeks before it arrives.

nottskev

Reaction score
My daughter bought me one last Xmas and I’ve been wearing it whenever it’s been a bit chilly out. The battery lasts for ages and it keeps me as warm as toast.

NB: I’ve also used the battery to re-charge my phone once when I was night fishing.

Keith

Hi Keith, which one have you got? These sound worth a try for the relatively small cost. Although I'm generally warm enough with a down jacket under something weatherproof.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Are they fully washable.
I know Blaze wear is but the gilets are around £130.
They do jackets ,gloves,socks, both for men and women.
They are based in Northallerton.
I have no association with them.

seth49

Reaction score
Hi Keith, which one have you got? These sound worth a try for the relatively small cost. Although I'm generally warm enough with a down jacket under something weatherproof.
Not really sure, Neil ordered it of eBay for me as I don’t do online shopping, there’s lots on there under heated waistcoats, most were around the £20 mark so if you see one for £25, that will be it, I’ll have a look and post a link if I find it.

Yes they are washable mark.

steve2

Reaction score
Might get one of these for my wife it is about the only thing she hasn't for trying to keep warm and might help with her ache and pains
How long do the stay warm for?

Keith M

Reaction score
the sizes are smaller than they say, so I’ve ordered mine two sizes bigger.

Yes I had to get one two sizes bigger than my actual size too because in the far east or wherever they're made people seem to be a lot smaller than us fat geezers. ?

Keith

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Not really sure, Neil ordered it of eBay for me as I don’t do online shopping, there’s lots on there under heated waistcoats, most were around the £20 mark so if you see one for £25, that will be it, I’ll have a look and post a link if I find it.

Yes they are washable mark.
Let us know how it goes Seth, I have not ordered one yet, wait and see what you think of yours, no rush, not cold yet.

Roger Johnson 2

Reaction score
Some while back I bought a pair of heated insoles, intending to use for fishing, as well as teaching motorbiking. Never did get around to using them and found it very difficult to avoid calling them heated “aerosols”!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seth49

Reaction score
Might get one of these for my wife it is about the only thing she hasn't for trying to keep warm and might help with her ache and pains
How long do the stay warm for?
There are three different heat settings, so it depends on which one you use, and the capacity of the power pack. On a normal sized power pack, about four hours on full power I believe.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Clicking the link there is a £15.28 version that looks exactly the same. I cannot find anything about the power packs either, where to buy, how much, how they work, how long to charge up, how long they last .

mikench

Reaction score
I was going to ask about the batteries needed . Can somebody recommend a small cheap powerpac.

steve2

Reaction score
There are three different heat settings, so it depends on which one you use, and the capacity of the power pack. On a normal sized power pack, about four hours on full power I believe.
Thanks, I will check these out.