Order problems...

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I ordered some Silstar Matchteam line,two spools of 4.6lb 0.14mm and two of 2.6lb 0.10mm,some days later a parcel arrived,much to my dismay there were four spools of 2.6lb line,no 4.6lb,I contacted the seller,he apologised and said he was sending it out,several days later and hey-presto two spools of Silstar arrive,only it was 10.1lb(it also shows it as 4.6kgm),so I contact again and he says he is right on it,I wonder if the guy is dyslexic as it seems a right balls up else,the confusing part is there is no note/receipt in either packet,no pre-paid jiffy envelope to return the incorrect spools,surely he isnt going to give me four spools,or expect me to pay for postage,we live in strange times...

mikench

Reaction score
We sure do Alan. I finally managed to locate some Guru Qm1 bait band hooks to nylon (4") and ordered 3 packs. On arrival they were all bait stops. I contacted the seller and being the nice person I am I said I would keep them if he sent me the correct order. He agreed and sent me 3 for the price of 2 and no postage. This was eBay.

I also made an offer for some DH match line knocking off just 50p and it was declined. It's still for sale.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
We sure do Alan. I finally managed to locate some Guru Qm1 bait band hooks to nylon (4") and ordered 3 packs. On arrival they were all bait stops. I contacted the seller and being the nice person I am I said I would keep them if he sent me the correct order. He agreed and sent me 3 for the price of 2 and no postage. This was eBay.

I also made an offer for some DH match line knocking off just 50p and it was declined. It's still for sale.
Mike the shops here stock the full guru range of hooks to nylon, also Drennan and Preston.
If you need anymore in the future let me know,

Reaction score
I am a buyer and storer of tackle that I use,ie hooks,lines,shot,feeders,floats etc,imho there is nothing worse than seeing you running out of your preferred gear only to find nobody has them in stock,I have hundreds of hooks,miles of line,loads of shot,spare bait droppers,float adaptors,float rubbers,tulip beads,leads,stotz,head torches,it is a miracle the chest of drawers hasnt fallen through the ceiling,lol,but inefficiency by sellers gets my goat,it is in the interest of their profits to ensure sending items correctly....

Last edited:

rayner

Reaction score
For me ordering sundries like hooks, lines and shot does not happen too much. I try to get them all from the tackle shop. The only time I order online is if my tackle shop does not stock what I need.
I do keep a selection of items in stock, normally enough to cover a season with a little to spare. The only thing I get weekly is baits.

Reaction score
I would do the same Gary,but I would have to do a 30 mile round trip,with no guarantee of items being in stock,just like the Wychwood landing net I wanted,I kept having to drive looking for one,but never there,over a six month period,I bought other bits,but I didnt really need those(just adding to my stock),add to that,shops around here are poor,only stocking what they want and not what their customers might...

rayner

Reaction score
I am fortunate, locally my tackle is only small but has good stocks of many brands. If items are not available there I have several shops I sometimes use less than five minutes away. Buying locally I get exactly what I need if there are any problems changing fault items if there are any is easy.

Reaction score
We used to be spoilt around Luton for decent tackle shops,now we have three shops,none of which sadly could supply me with a fraction of my bits and bobs requirements,there is no decent rods and reels either,sad when they might need my money....

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I called in Ace Tackle in Kidlington yesterday, wanted a few sundries for grandson , plenty of guru tackle sundries, these sundries came to shy of £40. That will teach me to not properly check what extras I had to give him.
While I was there I was tempted to buy a 2nd hand Daiwa 120m with spare spool for £20.
I then thought back to when I had one when they first came out, After 4 casts with it I was tempted to throw it in the canal. So didn't buy it.

nottskev

Reaction score
I called in Ace Tackle in Kidlington yesterday, wanted a few sundries for grandson , plenty of guru tackle sundries, these sundries came to shy of £40. That will teach me to not properly check what extras I had to give him.
While I was there I was tempted to buy a 2nd hand Daiwa 120m with spare spool for £20.
I then thought back to when I had one when they first came out, After 4 casts with it I was tempted to throw it in the canal. So didn't buy it.

Good decision. I mail ordered a 125m to cheer myself up when my Ryobi CF100 Techno bit the dust - my fault; lost a spring while "servicing" it. I wound the handle and thought, what does that remind me of? Answer: the pencil sharpener mounted on the teacher's desk in primary school. Sold it unused.

bullet

Reaction score
Good decision indeed, I was watching a youtube video and the person was using an Abu CF....I had to stop watching as that grinding noise they all seem to make was getting on my nerves?

On the mail order front, my favourite episode was ordering a discounted Matchpro Ultralight from Angling Direct.
When it arrived, the reason for the discount became clear, it had 5 inches missing from the tip, which was nowhere to be seen, so nobody had bothered to check it before dispatch!
I returned it for a refund, and bought the rod from the local tackle shop ( I didn't know they had them) who matched the discount price anyway.

Last edited:

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
Good decision indeed, I was watching a youtube video and the person was using an Abu CF....I had to stop watching as that grinding noise they all seem to make was getting on my nerves?

On the mail order front, my favourite episode was ordering a discounted Matchpro Ultralight from Angling Direct.
When it arrived, the reason for the discount became clear, it had 5 inches missing from the tip, which was nowhere to be seen, so nobody had bothered to check it before dispatch!
I returned it for a refund, and bought the rod from the local tackle shop ( I didn't know they had them) who matched the discount price anyway.

It makes you wonder if some of the shops check any of the items they send out.

I once ordered a reel from a shop and when it arrived the bail arm was obviously bent out of shape.

On the good side the shop replaced it without any fuss but a few months later i decide to order a rod from them and found i was on their banned list.

I had a good laugh because there had been no animosity with the deal at all but hey ho.