Angling Trust Recognised by Sport England

r1paul

Reaction score
I would agree mate , it looks good , but looking at the lack of post`s on this subject , I wonder ?

Reaction score
This is great news for our sport,

I just can't understand the apathetic response to membership of the Trust from the majority of fishermen.

It's only 38 pence a week to join the AT for God's sake!

A very small price to pay to ensure the future of our sport, protect our fisheries from pollution etc etc.

You can't even buy a chocolate bar for that!!

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Grapevine has it, there has been an upsurge in membership, it would be nice to hear that was fact. It may well then tip a few more over the edge and into bankrupsy for 38p a week:D:D

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I would agree mate , it looks good , but looking at the lack of post`s on this subject , I wonder ?

Nothing to add, Les. I'm a member, I'm happy with it, what more can I say?

Things seem to be moving in the right direction, new chair (Oh Mike, you're going to get some stick at the next TFCC), more members (at least Stealph has joined :)) and they are getting approval from all and sundry now.

We're on the up, if your not for us, you're against us. Gerrin there.

mikeshaw1979

Reaction score
Well - I haven't joined, along with 99.5% of UK anglers it would seem.
Sorry to be so blunt - but an England only region area of what should have been 'Fishing UK' doesn't tick any boxes for me.

I'm sorry - I can't see it lasting more than an year.

preston96

Reaction score
Sorry to be so blunt - but an England only region area of what should have been 'Fishing UK' doesn't tick any boxes for me.

Perhaps they would have more chance if "Sport Wales" and "Sport Scotland" also backed them? :wh

But i'm happy the English have decided to anyway :D

Reaction score

The Angling Trust is heavily involved with the implementation of the Blueprint for Water which aims to ensure (backed by EU legislation) the long-term health of all rivers/ waters in the British Isles.

If you are not prepared to back that kind of initiative, I have no idea why you fish?!

I'm sorry (to be provocative) - I can't see it lasting more than a year either...

Unless people who proclaim a love for their sport bother finding out about the many important initiatives that the AT is involved in, in all parts of the UK (this info is not secret... try Google).

Come on folks! We have a real chance to make a difference here and now for less than the cost of a Mars bar a week...

Last edited: