hi there,new to forum

douglasgilbert

Reaction score
hail from north of border, keen angler and after many years flyfishing have moved on to coarse fishing. enjoy all types of fishing and would class myself as an all rounder. fish all year,mostly pike and grayling in winter. recently caught my fist barbel on the ribble at ribchester, and my reason for joining the forum was a local lad called eric who gave good advice and was good crack on the bank.

john

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hi John,

Welcome to FM mate, watch out for the paSC:w

You may have already bumped into em on the banks of the ribble?

One is tall and posh, one is short and fat (he loves valves) and one is permenantly pi$$ed! Good bunch though ;)

Morespiders

Reaction score
Welcome John, Membership to the PASC is 250 per annum, mail me if you want to join,if not maybe see you on the bank sometime.:D

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum John. The Port and Stilton Club is a fine institution that many of our members aspire to but few are called (until they buy a committee member a drink and give Spiders a reasonable amount of money!)

meanwhile enjoy the banter and the excellent advice and friendship

Poshers

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 ----------

Not having seen you for a while....you've not gone to seed and let yourself go old chap???

Reaction score
Not having seen you for a while....you've not gone to seed and let yourself go old chap???

No chance. The tape worm just keeps gnawing away at the calories, so I eat as much Stilton as I can....hold on a minute....."Oi! what's that f*****g banging noise?"...OK where was I? er yes, the tape worm is now demanding a better class of food and drink. It's getting to the point where I can't really afford to keep it. The kids have had to give up all their expensive recreational activities to pay for it. To top it off, it's demanding a 3 week holiday in France this summer. Would you like to take it off my hands?

douglasgilbert

Reaction score
thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the replies, I will be posting shortly to pick the brains of the barbel guys, especially the ribble lads. Is it worth fishing for barbel in the winter?

abborre

Reaction score
hi chaps i am abborre i live in spain with my wife we live 500yds from the ebro origanally from birmingham but spent 10 years in bewdley and 10 years in lincolnshire before moving to spain in 2006 fished since 1945 end of war my wife also fishes and is a very competent angler although she is now in a wheelchair famous friends DES TAYLOR and TOM CLEVERLEY OF MAN UTD