High Attractor Hook Baits

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So let me get this right.
You get some boilies, you turn them into crumb, add egg and more flavoursthen micowave them into a "boilie" of another shape???
Why not forget the making of the original boilie, and make a cake shape with additives instead?
Or, am I missing something?:wh

klik2change

Reaction score
It would actually be very useful to have a recipe for making long lasting carp baits in a microwave. There must be other cheaper stuff to use rather than expensive boilie crumb.

Presumably the bait shown in the article needs to be frozen?

Despite the crits, it's a well written and very clear piece of explanatory work with good photos

Frothey

Reaction score
So let me get this right.
You get some boilies, you turn them into crumb, add egg and more flavoursthen micowave them into a "boilie" of another shape???
Why not forget the making of the original boilie, and make a cake shape with additives instead?
Or, am I missing something?:wh

I think most people have some left over boilies from a trip that could be used. trout pellet would work too if you're tight :D

Nathan

Reaction score
My question would be how much flavour too add. I know with singles the levels are increased but doesn't this depend on the type of flavours used?
I dont do a lot of winter carp fishing but i do like being out in late winter/early spring while its still cold. I've got two pots of singles, one fishy & one fruity so i can try 1 of each to gauge what the fish want.

Frothey

Reaction score
My question would be how much flavour too add. I know with singles the levels are increased but doesn't this depend on the type of flavours used?

like you said, depends on the flavour. Some then 1ml would be too much, others (like the "proper" chocolate malt) then you can't actually overload it.

as a rough rule, for singles use the recommended level for 4/6 eggs that's on the label for 1 egg's worth of singles.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
I actually enjoyed the article and like Frothy says I have lots of different boilies saved up from trips out to various day ticket waters that supposedly produce fish on a certain boilie. For example I have some of the Todber Manor specials left over and I think I will blend them in with the Bluebell lakes specials and the Gold Valley pellets, just think of all the super fish catching ingredients that will be in that little lot.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I like this idea of taken ready made Boilies and making them into a new shape and enhanced flavoured hook bait, you could even keep some of the paste to wrap around the new shaped bait to add even more attractant to your swim.

Frothey

Reaction score
Does this method produce pop-up's or bottom baits?

i'd go for bottom baits, but they will be different textures and bouyancy, depending where they were (closer to the edge will normally float more). whisk the eggs, fold in the mix and abuse the microwave and you'll definately get pop-ups!

depends on the baits though....

Last edited:

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Woody/Frothey........or any other soul

Trout Pellets.....so if they work(and its within the confines of this Thread)how does one go about making a paste bait with Trout pellets(starting with the basic pellet)which I assume is ground to a powder??

I have no real desire to make boilies as such,but I do like to use paste baits(all of which I do make myself)and which I normally mould around a small cork ball on the hair.....and very successful they are too....!

As this a well tried bait(almost out of date I suppose)I imagine the mix has been on this Website for years-in which case please point me in the right direction....

I'm not the quickest at taking up different baits so please be patient with this'old boy'....

Thanks

Frothey

Reaction score
trout pellet

grind to a powder

add water until stiff, add an egg if you want it to last longer.

don't forget that's how boilies started off, they were just lightly "skinned" to stop nuisance fish pecking away at them.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Long before Dynamite started selling Halibut Boilies, Frothey's method was the only way I could make them. Halibut pellets though and I used to add the egg, make a paste, roll some up into balls and drop them into boiling water for 1½ minutes so they'd be thick skinned.

You could just use the paste on your cork balls. Simple.

John Wilson featured pellet paste in one programme. Same method, with eggs I think.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Thanks for the information....and in anticipation have already bought some pellets to try!

Fortunately the wife is away visiting family this weekend so I will experimenting based on your recommendations above and any unfortunate odour from same should've gone before her return......

Its good to talk.............................