Guess the weight of the Carp and WIN a Fox Rod and Reel!

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Woody. What was the Delphi you worked out in the end?
I lost track a while back, but it was growing in size. Never said that Delphi was always accurate, but it often surprises people how close it can be.

PS: I'm not pursuing the latest guesses to find out.
PPS: I wouldn't have believed it had it not been for Rik catching it also. He's honest - see what I mean ;) ;) ;) ;)

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

yep shiney thats not fair to give it to a compo buff
bet he dont even fish
next time there must be a 50 or 100 post limit to stop the pro compo doers

Sore loosers!! :) ;)

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Sore loosers!!

Maybe next FREE competition - there should be a rule "only members of FM BEFORE the competition can enter - then we might not get so many entries where it's the members 1st post - let's ahve winners who are true angler and yes it is sour grapes I feel tooooooo many poster on this and other competition threads are just joining after the prize

So prove me wrong Andy he winner - where do you fish and what method do you prefer?

Cakey

Reaction score
Woody ...yes Im a sore loser ,losing out to a train spotter that is anti fishing but will still take the goods and sell on ebay...........:wh

Reaction score
Clearly the tench was still inside!!!!

Now folks...yes there were loads of first time posters, yes Andy Widd may be a non-angler. He may also be one of us who entered under a number of aliases through mates' computers......you know what some you are like when trying to extract something for nowt out of Marsbar!!!;):D)

However the competition did generate a bit of interest and one or two of those posters may become regular fixtures (unlike Ed's teeth). More importantly this prize was supplied by a tackle manufacturer and they would want a broad penetration of a possible market. Richard wrote earlier, in another thread, that F & F don't see turning a profit as an "essential" for the good health of FM, however anything that encourages advertisers to spend a few quids in promoting themselves here,in this economic climate, is only to our own benefit.

There are one or two comps which remain mainly "in-house" and could do with a few more entries. (Don't know why I'm doing this bit....last time somebody raised the profile of one these comps. my comfortable lead in the voting drifted away and I got pipped at the post.....again!!! Me bitter...never....but it was ruddy freezing when I got that fine fish from between the canalised ice flows!!!!):wh

Shine

Reaction score
I don't think it's about being is a sore loser. I might be wrong here but if a regular FM'er had won, no one would say anything, unless Graham won, then even I would be calling in a stewards inquiry :)

I know this comp got new people and the old 1 posters to look in again. Lets hope they stay.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I don't think it's about being is a sore loser. I might be wrong here but if a regular FM'er had won, no one would say anything, unless Graham won, then even I would be calling in a stewards inquiry :)

I know this comp got new people and the old 1 posters to look in again. Lets hope they stay.

somehow i doubt they will ever post again - unless there is another free comp -

Make all comps open to anyonw WHO is member of FM BEFORE the comp is announced - this will stop non anglers and PEOPLE login on mates pc for an extra guess - level the playing field - if not next time I'll use a few od my non fishing mates to enter

noknot

Reaction score
And Andy was 34.10. Looks like you both went into the hat.

Unlucky mate.

Cheer's Dave! So close but so far away, Then again I do post on here;)

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

Woody ...yes Im a sore loser ,losing out to a train spotter that is anti fishing but will still take the goods and sell on ebay...........:wh

A sad case if that indeed happens Cakey, as many guys would use the gear as intended and they could well need it, Ho Hum:(

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Sorry Cakey, it was a little sarcasm hence the smiley's on the end of my comment.

Obviously, I cannot comment on Andy's win, but I hope he's genuine. It was a competition open to anyone and promoted in a broadcast email sent to all latent members. FM cannot complain, but we'll talk about everyone's concerns ready for the next one.

If he's a train spotter then Monk will have a lot in common with him. :) ;)
(and that is another little joke - hint, hint)

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
I believe,and have been told, that a lot of the 'one post' members are old members of FM who didn't migrate from the old site and,were sent an e-mail from the 'new' FM

Because of the new way of signing in (i.e. not using your e-mail address like on the old site)they are shown as new members with new stats ....

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
That fair enough Ed - just funny that a lot have never had any thing on this site to make them intersted enough to manage 1 post till now

But

I would like to see the rule - to enter any comp on FM you must be a member before the comp is announced - that way those that just enter to win and aren't angler or who are members of FM using other pc to have multilpe enteries will not be allowed - and the teckies can easily do this - if they do post just check the date they joined.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I'd like to see a calibration cert for the scales..............

Did Mr Morespiders do the weigh-in?

Reaction score
And how do we know that this winner that we have never heard of before wasn't just made up by FM to make us think that they are giving away lots of lovely fishing stuff as prizes?

The tackle and winner may have never existed....

It's a conspiracy I tell you! Just ask MarT the Martian, he knows all about this sort of thing.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Because of the new way of signing in (i.e. not using your e-mail address like on the old site)they are shown as new members with new stats ....
All the stats wre zeroed at first, Graham, Geoff and I spent a fair bit of time restoring the scores. Couldn't do everyone's unfotunately.

And how do we know that this winner that we have never heard of before wasn't just made up by FM to make us think that they are giving away lots of lovely fishing stuff as prizes?

The tackle and winner may have never existed....

It's a conspiracy I tell you! Just ask MarT the Martian, he knows all about this sort of thing.

Oh, you untrustworthy lot, would we lie to you? :eek:

OK, look here. Our lovely Sofi, who handles all the admin etc. now, emailed me this morning and Andy has been in contact with her to say -

"'I normally go barbel fishing and use a 2.5 lb test curve Floodwater Fox rod for these trips (excellent performance, especially on the Trent) but am looking forward to using this Fox Warrior for some carp sessions'. Kind regards, Andy"

He's perhaps a little afraid of coming back on now because of all the accusations that he might just put it on Ebay etc. So let's just put a line under this and when he posts agan, congratulate him and welcome him back in typical FM manner*.

*On second thoughts, be nice to him. :) ;)
(joke)