Pike Priorities - What Do You Do?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Brilliant Cliff, glad you got the job, he sounds like a very understanding chap.....

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Excellent Cliff! Brightened up my first day back at work. Being self employed I can empathise with you on this, but with me it's usually barbel:

"Yes dear. I've just left the client and I'm walking back to the car...."

Screeeech!

Rickrod

Reaction score
nice one, good luck with your new job

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Great article Cliff. But I think I'd rather be unemployed and go fishing than have a job trying to control those little sodz. Mind you, I'd be interested if they let me use the CANE and the SLIPPER still :wh

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Congratulations Cliff, Glad to hear you got the job and have a boss who seem thoroughly decent and understanding....... only thing is if you pull a sickie, chances are you'll meet him on the bank :)

"Another one for The Inquiry: How come certain moths have developed the ability to scramble bat-sonar; squirrels the skill to do the Rubik’s Cube and ants the expertise to actively farm aphids yet timeless evolution has failed to waterproof the cormorant? To this day it has to wait for a nice breezy morning to hang out its washing, hour after arm-aching hour perched like some shameless avian flasher. "
Excellent :D

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Geoff: believe me, that's a book in itself, and I suspect it may be written one day. Indeed, I think it MUST be written - the public don't know the half of it.

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Geoff: If I can fathom how to 'compress' I'll put up a few cartoons that'll REALLY appeal to you....give me a little time.

---------- Post added at 00:44 ---------- Previous post was at 00:05 ----------

Great article Cliff. But I think I'd rather be unemployed and go fishing than have a job trying to control those little sodz. Mind you, I'd be interested if they let me use the CANE and the SLIPPER still :wh

There you go, Geoff! See Members' Galleries!

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Excellent Cliff. All character forming stuff! Those classes are a bit smaller than the ones I remember though.
What I can never work out is, how come, when the 'powers' are all so fired up about 'diversity' etc, that all kids are considered identical, and must be treated identically? Some kids never need more than telling once, whilst others (like me as a youngster) do sometimes need a point reinforcing occasionally ;)
And if we HAVE totally renounced violence, how come we still have a military out there? Yes Minister, it's for times when mere words are not quite enough. Sauce for the goose perhaps?

Skoda

Reaction score
Top quality article Cliff, beautifully well written. It's something that's happened to many of us, sciving off a bit early to fit in a bit of fishing. All's well that ends well, anyway.

Many thanks:)

Andy