Hello everyone

Andreafish

Reaction score
Hi, on here to make new friends with nice people, learn some new ideas, impart some ideas and hopefully go fishing with one or two too. I have been fishing since I was eight years old with my mum, dad and uncles.

I have had lots of nice fish over the years: trout, grayling, roach, perch etc. I prefer lure fishing and like to do a lot of fly fishing. I learned my fishing trade on the local lakes and ponds, fens, witham, welland, till, forty foot and a river Trent that was covered in soap suds.

My best fish is a 16pnd common carp caught at Dunham bridge in 2006 on six maggots on a size 12. I have fishing preferences, it used to be grayling in 1978, trout during the 1980s, barbel in the 1990s, now its Zanders. I have never grown to fully accept the commercial fisheries. I don't particularly know why ? I don't condemn anyone for using them. My BF got the fishing bug when he fished at Lindholme. I have a personal love for the south yorkshire river don and south yorkshire navigation canal, trout and grayling above sheffield and just about everything else below rotherham in the don and well lilly pads, canadian pond weed in the canal, unbelievable a few years ago. I think mainly because no one in their right mind during the late 1960s would dream of going near their dark, oily, smelly, grossly poluted waters.

I love fishing, but I have never caught a zander, sea trout or salmon.

My fave fish at the moment is Zander, mainly cos I haven't caught one lol. Oh, I have tried lure fishing for zander on the trent at north muskham, collingham, dunham bridge and well didnt catch one or any pike just two perch.

I think it was about time I registered on a large fishing forum.

Last edited:

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Hello and welcome Andrea, I have the strange feeling I said Hi to you yesterday somewhere else ??

Anyway there are plenty of anglers on here up your neck of the woods, just watch out for the guitar playing ecclesiast.

Andreafish

Reaction score
Hello and welcome Andrea, I have the strange feeling I said Hi to you yesterday somewhere else ??

Anyway there are plenty of anglers on here up your neck of the woods, just watch out for the guitar playing ecclesiast.

lol yes you did and it was another fishing forum that I joined. Thankyou again for the lovely welcome.

---------- Post added at 00:45 ---------- Previous post was at 00:42 ----------

Welcome aboard mate enjoy your time here.

Thankyou very much

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Now, how long before a certain "brother Nick" arrives with . . . . . . .

"Hello Andrea, what a lovely name . . . . . . "

Wait for it boys and girls . . . . . .

Having just read your post on the other thread, I'm sure you'll not be too concerned with our resident "Monk"

Andreafish

Reaction score
Now, how long before a certain "brother Nick" arrives with . . . . . . .

"Hello Andrea, what a lovely name . . . . . . "

Wait for it boys and girls . . . . . .

Having just read your post on the other thread, I'm sure you'll not be too concerned with our resident "Monk"

I don't think nuns and monks ever mix anyway lol erm have I said the right thing lol

Reaction score
Hi Andrea, welcome to FM

TOP TIP of the DAY

Ladies, have you ever been out fishing and need to go and shake the lettuce, but couldn't see anywhere to discretely crouch down? Well, HERE is the answer! No more crouching. You don't even have to drop your pants. Just stand up like a bloke and spray the nearest tree.

PS I find canals are always a problem. No where to hide and a constant stream of joggers, dog walkers, cyclists and boats.

Andreafish

Reaction score
Hi Andrea, welcome to FM

TOP TIP of the DAY

Ladies, have you ever been out fishing and need to go and shake the lettuce, but couldn't see anywhere to discretely crouch down? Well, HERE is the answer! No more crouching. You don't even have to drop your pants. Just stand up like a bloke and spray the nearest tree.

PS I find canals are always a problem. No where to hide and a constant stream of joggers, dog walkers, cyclists and boats.

lol, I actually thought you were joking :j, well laugh :p Gosh lol. I had to read it a few times cos I thought it was erm pee taking lol, (which it is lol) but where are the tissues lol. (wet knickers he he) I am going to have to get myself one of those lol, just to see if they work. I wouldn't do it on the river bank eeeek.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Andrea, it's always a pleasure to have a lady angler join the site.

Andreafish

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Andrea, it's always a pleasure to have a lady angler join the site.

Thankyou so much. There are more and more women getting into angling these days, but I see more women on the river bank now. There does seem to be more women in fly fishing though. In fact the other day, I was on the Trent with Tim and there was a woman with her bloke in a bivvie, barbel fishing and she was well informed on the subject too, she also carried half the stuff. They had everything but the kitchen sink with em and there was another woman with her fella, lure fishing but this couple couldnt speak english, seemed an east european language to me. ( I can speak a little french, german and spanish and it wasn't one of those)

Anyways, yes there are women groups popping up all over the place and good on them too, although, I wouldn't go fishing on my own though. I would like to, but its a bit dodgy and yer get some real strange looks too. So when my bloke doesn't go with me, I am grounded ( boo hoo) .