greetings!

graham booth

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've registered as a member, not really knowing how much activity there is on the forum. I hope it is reasonably busy.

I have looked at some threads as a guest, and found the historical reminiscences fascinating, especially as I am writing a book of an historical nature, and have been at it two years (no end in sight!)

Anyhow, best wishes to all.

Graham

preston96

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've registered as a member, not really knowing how much activity there is on the forum. I hope it is reasonably busy.

I have looked at some threads as a guest, and found the historical reminiscences fascinating, especially as I am writing a book of an historical nature, and have been at it two years (no end in sight!)

Anyhow, best wishes to all.

Graham

Hiya Graham......the forum is very busy...tho it used to be much more so :rolleyes:.............i hope you find what you want.

your name rings a bell somewhere?

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Welcome Graham.
Is this a historical angling book? Because we have a few members on the site who might actually remember the events you are writing about :)

graham booth

Reaction score
Welcome Graham.
Is this a historical angling book? Because we have a few members on the site who might actually remember the events you are writing about :)

Thanks for the welcome Geoff. Yes, indeed it is; I'm writing the history of pike fishing. No doubt some members will remember the older period, prior to the 1980s or so. As do I - I'm no spring chicken! Been pike fishing since I was a lad, in the late 1960s.

The Monk

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Geoff. Yes, indeed it is; I'm writing the history of pike fishing. No doubt some members will remember the older period, prior to the 1980s or so. As do I - I'm no spring chicken! Been pike fishing since I was a lad, in the late 1960s.

Good luck with the history mate and welcome aboard, my mate formed the Pike Society back in 1972, Eric Hodson, sadly Eric is no longer with us. I was the first PAC regional sec here in Manchester ca 1977 after the PAC formed under Barrie Rickards, Hugh Renolds and Bill Chillingworth, I still have a few of the original PAC mags before PIKELINES came into being. Great daze.

graham booth

Reaction score
Good luck with the history mate and welcome aboard, my mate formed the Pike Society back in 1972, Eric Hodson, sadly Eric is no longer with us. I was the first PAC regional sec here in Manchester ca 1977 after the PAC formed under Barrie Rickards, Hugh Renolds and Bill Chillingworth, I still have a few of the original PAC mags before PIKELINES came into being. Great daze.

Good old Eric. What a guy.

These, er - pseudonym thingies are no help to clarity; what is your name, sir?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Welcome Graham.

You speak for yourself Geoff ;)

Welcome to FM Graham, you might get some more info for your book from the members of FM. Ask the Monk about his habit.....

preston96

Reaction score
Dont bother answering my question Graham...............i looked you up for myself, like i said your name rang a bell.

My ding is donged!

The Monk

Reaction score
Good old Eric. What a guy.

These, er - pseudonym thingies are no help to clarity; what is your name, sir?

sorry mate, Nick Melling

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

You speak for yourself Geoff ;)

Welcome to FM Graham, you might get some more info for your book from the members of FM. Ask the Monk about his habit.....

Hey Mr Spiller, I`m trying to kick me habit, I mainly only date women with pulses these days

The Monk

Reaction score
Dereks your man Graham, he practically invented pike

How you doing Derek

Last edited:

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Dereks your man Graham, he practically invented pike

How you doing Derek

Hi Nick, I've not been too clever these last few months, the old bones giving way (Arthritis). Price of being on the move all these years in all weathers. But hoping to get out in the next week or two.

How's the shredding going. ;)

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Graham, there are a few members here who are very qualified to help with your book. Good luck with the process.