Blenheim : Final Arrangements

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Ha ha ha...thank you all for your overwhelming support.

Since my last post things have changed somewhat and there is now room for everyone.
Sadly Mark Hewitt is unlikely to be able to make it due to family illness...I think its safe to assume Peter Jacobs wont be well enough either and Will Barnard kindly offered to pull out to help me with my sums.This means Wol & Andy can share the boat that was Mark's & I've also remembered to include Roger & James Hill this time.

The upshot is that I THINK I'm left with 3 spare places now...Peter J's and 2 in the boat that was Will's...but I'm leaving things as they are now. I'm a bit short but such is life.

Will...there is room again now so if you want to come just turn up & give me your refund cheque back.If not given how I've buggered you about then I quite understand.

This is the final muster....check my sums and PLEASE tell me I'm right !

Skippy & Phil
Uncle Dave & Les Clark
Will Barnard & Friend : NOW SPARE AGAIN & WILL's IF HE WANTS IT
Spiders & Slime
Graham Marsden & Ed
Roger & James Hill
Graham & Scott Whatmore
Steve & Wendi Spiller
JK (john) & Woody
Neil Maidment & Nigel Connor
Fred Bonney & Peter Crabtree (simon)
Grumpy & Muffin
Posh Paul & Peter Jacobs : 1 PLACE SPARE WHICH WAS PETER J
Ray & Jack Clarke
Tom & Ben Clarke
Mark Hewitt plus 1 : NOW WOL & ANDY

I make that 29...with Poshers on his own and 15 of 16 boats crewed.

If Will re-joins then its 31 with all 16 boats crewed.

Now...do we fancy a curry after ? There is an Indian in Woodstock called Jaan that's got good reviews. It might be better if I didn't try to organise that given the cock-up I've made of the boats.

Could someone set a quick yews/no Poll up ?

Skippy

Will Barnard

Reaction score
OOOO lordy, what a twist, Sorry mate, I have promised Mrs B and little B a day out somewhere....hey, we could visit the palace and I'll fire stuff from the bank, proper pirate it up for ya.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
you saying i'm in with nellist??????????????? :eek:

Less of your lip Gaunt...its your 98th minute bid to be included that ruined my careful plans in the first place.:mad:

---------- Post added at 18:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

OOOO lordy, what a twist, Sorry mate, I have promised Mrs B and little B a day out somewhere....hey, we could visit the palace and I'll fire stuff from the bank, proper pirate it up for ya.

Quite understand Will. Enjoy your shopping trip with Mrs B :D

---------- Post added at 18:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

Skippy you are a star

Don't ever buy a brewery mate :wh

****** off Blackbeard !

S-Kippy

Reaction score
BE nice if you could find three other mugs, sorry........ members to fill a boat. At least get Hewitt and Peter their money back if nowt else.

Jeff

It would....and I may offer the spare boat out but I will leave it overnight in case something else happens and I have to re-think it all again.The money can be sorted out later....I just want everyone to have a good day.

But it would be good for as many that can & fancy it to have a drink & a bite to eat afterwards. I can book tables at the Indian in Woodstock if I know how many are up for it ?

How do I do one of them poll things ? I just need to know numbers.

Skippy

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

You forgot the Owl and the Pussy Cat.............:wh:D

No I didn't....they're in Hewitts boat !

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Right

I am away in Southampton this weekend.Assuming no further changes on Monday I will offer out the last boat but I intend to keep Peter's place free just in case.

It would be helpful to know by Monday how many places I need to book at the Curry house too....see Fred's Poll thread.I will book tables for those who have voted by Monday night....no vote by then and you take pot luck.

Dont forget a worthy prize awaits the most convincing [I nearly said best looking !] pirate.

Skippy

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Jeff , is that loan of a life jacket thingy still ok ?
If you want Les, but not sure if they still work. Shelf life of the cartridges is supposed to be three years, I've had them 7 years now.

Of course, if you're not in too much of a panic when you fall in, you can unfold the collar, find the inflation tube, remove it from the tether bead, take off the plug on the end, inflate it by mouth (takes about 45 seconds), replace the plug and pray you haven't drowned already.

My thoughts are - if they have any for loan, use theirs.

PS - I did wear one last year in Ireland, but it's law that you have to wear one there whether it works or not. Geoff wore one the other week with confidence - fool! I didn't tell him - Mwahahahahahahaah!
SmileyAngryDevil.png

Last edited:

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Les if you want a life jacket, ring Blenhiem Palace and ask for one. They will make sure a lifejacket is at the boathouse for you, free of charge also.

If for any reason they don't do it any more, I have a lifejacket if you need one.

I have two, but the sinking one I gave to Spiders..............:wh:D

r1paul

Reaction score
Jeff/Ray I will give them a ring , I did try last year but no joy .
Skippy , no mate ,its a wifey thing , she thinks that if I wear one , I will be able to walk on water , which of course is right .:wh :D

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Am I the only one at the campsite on friday evening :(

I am staying with you on Saturday, thats enough................:D:D.

I will try and get there on Friday IF i can, but it's looking like it will be just Saturday at the moment.

Spiders is staying Friday I think, Ed Graham and Uncle Dave are staying at a Hotel, but told me not to tell you what one, or where..................;):)

slime monster

Reaction score
OH DEAR ......the curse of FM fish ins may be upon us , following a post by Cormorant I checked the weather for that weekend in Woodstock

I may be sleeping in the car
Derek check fridays weather out mate if you are fishing that day mate...serious