Clattercote Results

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
.you should have weighed in matey; that's the first rule of Clattercote! Lol!
I'd only just started catching when Nigel called time, given another two hours I'd have mopped the floor with 100lbs of prime roach! ;)

About one hour before, I knew there was little chance of getting a decent catch together and rather than make a few fish suffer (not really I know) I returned the only roach in there, dried the nets off, and returned that last few after unhooking. Call me crazy, but I'm getting completely funny about keepnets now for storing large numbers of fish (not that I catch LARGE numbers).

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I'm not a great fan of these carp dominated places either but I dont mind the odd day on one now and again. I actually quite like messing about with a method feeder as I dont fish it very often. Enjoyed yesterday enormously.

I shall have to master this pike float lark though.I wont let Connor steal my fish quite so easily next time.

Nigel Connor

Reaction score
I'm not a great fan of these carp dominated places either but I dont mind the odd day on one now and again. I actually quite like messing about with a method feeder as I dont fish it very often. Enjoyed yesterday enormously.

I shall have to master this pike float lark though.I wont let Connor steal my fish quite so easily next time.

What Skip is not saying is how in revenge he snagged my line while I was battling a big carp and I ended up playing him while the carp rather sneakily hid under Kevins platform! :eek:mg:

Full list of weights very shortly.

Thanks all for coming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd only just started catching when Nigel called time, given another two hours I'd have mopped the floor with 100lbs of prime roach!

I doubt that very much as you would have already used up your ration of a dozen maggots . . . . . . . . . .

Call me crazy, but I'm getting completely funny about keepnets now for storing large numbers of fish (not that I catch LARGE numbers). __________________

Okay, you are crazy.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a correctly sited and well staked out keep net.
Many matches have the facility to weight in throughout the match to avoid over-filled nets.

Reaction score
It's a pity I missed this (it's on a Saturday!) again. I enjoyed the first one I attended and haven't been able to make it since.

Who's doing the write up Jeff?

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Like CC I can't do Saturdays (or sundays) but if someone puts together a midweek fish-in then count me in. Sounds like a lot of fun was had..

Steve Wilson

Reaction score
I'm not a great fan of these carp dominated places either

S-KIPPY if you speak to John the balliff he will tell you that Clattercote is classed as a mixed fishery as there is a big head of bream/tench and roach:)

many of the locals have caught 50 to 70lbs of roach and 100lbs + of bream :eek:

all that changes when we get there ,,,, nevermind

ROLL ON NEXT YEARS MATCH

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
What Skip is not saying is how in revenge he snagged my line while I was battling a big carp and I ended up playing him while the carp rather sneakily hid under Kevins platform! :eek:mg:

Right...to set the record straight this is what actually happened.

Nigel's tactics involved bombarding the water with 2 foot long pike floats loaded with cement and then scooping up the stunned survivors. At one point HMS Dreadnought let fly with another broadside....jammily hooked a carp which proceeded to swim through my line giving me a wrap round which I naturally struck and proceeded to play.Unfortunately I was playing Nigel and the intervening tree while the carp took advantage of the resulting bunfight to hide in disgrace under Kevin's platform.

Nigel lost the carp while I lost both Nigel and the tree. Had I landed either I would have won easily though I'm not sure which net he would have gone in.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Skip, Was Nigel the silly b u gger that was casting the pike float out or was it young Whatmore