Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
View of Newlands swim
IMG-20200622-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20200622-WA0005.jpg
that is an island across from swim .

Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
At first I thought that that was a ‘Spot the Differences competition’ until I realised that you had printed he same photos twice (several times ) :unsure: :giggle:

Keith

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Yes Keith I’ve noticed the same with modern lines they are thinner for the same poundage..... just as strong but they don’t seem to be very abrasive resistant and damage quite easily. Yes I also had tangles round my reel which I haven’t had in years as it’s so soft.
I’ve had some guru stuff that I took back of my reel for that reason.
Paul I have some Trabbuco line 0.14 dia, breaking strain is stated at 9.8 lbs
Also have it in 0.10 stated breaking strain is 5.8lbs.
Had some good fish out on it on the pole, it's a faff about trying to put it on dacron connector if wet or windy ,its that supple.

Paste paul

Reaction score
Had some good fish out on it on the pole, it's a faff about trying to put it on dacron connector if wet or windy ,its that supple.
Sounds great for the pole ? the elastic is the shock absorber...... it’s a bit different with rod and line casting out and all that especially into wind.

tommos16

Reaction score
Another good day for me today, but very much a day of two halves. Morning was fantastic, including a common which could be a new best but I’m trying not to become and out and out carper. Afternoon, I virtually couldn’t buy a bite no matter what I tried.

Best was taken on a bloodworm expander right In the margin, and I lost another two on the Same method which were similar runs. What could have been. Walked away with 10 carp, 10 bream, but this was the only one to threaten the scales.

Have been told there is Tench, Golden Tench and Carp to 20lb in the particular lake I was on so I’ll be back to target some different species.

IMG_0215.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikench

Reaction score
Is the venue constructing a bridge across the water seeing all the scaffolding poles? ;)

My daughter is moving to Kent soon ; are you available Mark?:ROFLMAO:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Just noticed this, that line must be the highest B/S to diameter there is!
Do you think it's true to both?

Reaction score
Rest assured John my greeting on my return was prefaced with exactly that and followed by how can I help you. Guess what I'm off fishing again tomorrow and Friday with Gordon. ;)

Crawlarse Mike,lol...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The diameter seems right, as for breaking strain, I have confidence in using it on margins on commercials, have carpet to 10lb on it.

9.8lb B/s seems really high for a line of only 0.14.
If that really is genuine i'll get some myself, can you tell me it's name and do you know anyone who supplies it?

Paste paul

Reaction score
9.8lb B/s seems really high for a line of only 0.14.
If that really is genuine i'll get some myself, can you tell me it's name and do you know anyone who supplies it?
.14 is normally about 4lb or so from memory......
So it’s double !!!!!
.20 in Maver is about 9lb