30,000 and growing

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
FM really is the best fishing site on the web, I've visited quite a few, they are miles behind!

The way the site is run by the FM team (and Mr Marzipan) and the willingness of members to share their knowledge and friendship amazes me.

Well done FM. Here's to the next 30,000.

Cheers.

T

The Monk

monk trust you :)

no, Wendy I wanted the information for statistical purposes as part of a survey I`m doing on women in angling "comparative studies of Females in Angling", A sociological Analysis,

(honest).

L

Les Clark

I met a bloke last week down at the river,i met up with him again today , he was fishing the next swim to me , we had a few laughs and a bit of banter ,he already knew my name from last week and i found out about his family ect , when i was leaving i asked for his name and he said it was Bob .
I had found out that Bob owned a computer and used it a lot so i said " get on to fishing magic Bob ,top site " Bob said " I know , im already a member .
Bob is a member but at the moment doesn`t use the forum but i think he may have a butchers and change his mind (i hope ) .

W

Wolfman Woody

It's typical of Graham to say "Thank you, but it's not just me,"

This is true in part, there is a great team working behind the scenes keeping the old ship afloat.

However, I have always said that without Graham at the helm, this site would NOT be as popular as it is today and should he retire, as he keeps threatening, I think a lot of members would lose interest and no longer visit, but what is it that Graham has that attracts all of you anglers?

The answer is simple - THE WALLET, they all want a glimpse of it, just a peek.

Only joking, I do believe Graham's presence and input is the major contributory factor to the site's success.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Woody, I got a glimpse of the "lump" once! He was walking in circles, the weight must be ALMOST unbearable!

You're right, without Mr Marzdin then well???

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Interesting comment. When I first found this site, to me it was just another fishing site. I looked around the site and saw a few names I thought I recognised including Graham.

Something about Big Bream flickered in the memory and I did a bit of research. If it's good enough for him (and whatshisname Wintle) it's good enough for me!

Seriously, with a little hindsight and now a couple of years experience, this site is made by it's members and contributors but it is the human engine behind the scenes that makes it that way.

Long may it remain so.

J

john conway

Well done Graham and of course the team. For me it?s the quality of the articles and the depth of experience that its members bring. What a lot of casual browsers don?t see is the help and encouragement that members give to one another via personnel emails and arranging to meet up on the riverbank.
Yup that would be an awesome Fish-in 30,000?

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

"no, Wendy I wanted the information for statistical purposes as part of a survey I`m doing on women in angling "comparative studies of Females in Angling", A sociological Analysis, (honest)."

What he really wants to know Wendy is where there is the highest concentration of female anglers so that he knows where to go "bird watching".

Congratulations to Graham and all the FM team. This is definitely the best angling site on the web.

T

The Monk

hey, a Monks got to have an hobby you know!

where is the highest concentration anyway?

Terry Harvey

Reaction score
In the end what makes a great site is the right person leading it and masses of input from the members. If the forums didnot cover so wide a range of skills and advise(yes mark i'm talking about you) it would not be the best, so well done Graham a big thanks for you and your team and a big pat on the back for the rest off us who in our deeds and comments help to make FM the best site on the web. Mind you Wendy it would be nice to here from a female angler as to the trials and tribulations in a prodomently male orietated sport.

so well done guys.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Terry... you only have to read the fish-in reports we have to see what i have to put up with... but you know what? i give as good as i get! :))))

Mart Smith

Reaction score
Well done. I've been a member for a while, but not posted anything until now. It's definately the best site around and you guys that post regular keep me smiling and up to date with all the latest info - especially that Deanos. I'm hoping to make it to one of the fish-ins this year to met some of you in the flesh!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

"I'm hoping to make it to one of the fish-ins this year to met some of you in the flesh!"

DON'T DO IT !!!!!!

You'll never be the same again --You'll be reduced to a gibbering wreck

I

Ian Cloke

What more can anyone say, FM is THE best site on the web, THANKYOU Graham & the team :))

Julian Parkin 2

Reaction score
Sorry to burst the bubble. But, I think I am Julian Parkin 2 and Julian Parkin (The first)! Forgot login details and tried again! So it's only 29,999!

A new recruit needed.

Still the best site though. Cheers

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Right at this minute FM membership stands at 31,721. If we discount Julian Parkin 1, then it is 31,720.

Although someone will probably have joined while I was typing this post:)-)