50+ Years Experience

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
? Oh, ok, your the man then, we need someone like you to tell us how it's done ?.

Haz

Veteran Angler
Reaction score
As simply as possible and by ignoring often unnecessary products and overly complicated methods you hear others sing the praises of. The more light and uncluttered the set-up the less obvious it is to the fish. Also, remember that fish don't shop for food by brand, nor read the label for ingredients. They eat what is edible. To prove that point, I once caught six carp in a session using custard creams, as opposed to my friend's none using a variety of top name boilies.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm in total agreement with you there, simpler the better for me!

Oh, I'm partial to custard creams me sell lol.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now your talkin, just gott'a time the dip so the biccy doesn't drop off on the lift!

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi. I've been course and carp fishing for 56 years and know how to catch them.

Hi Haz, welcome to the forum, you’ll find many other very experienced anglers on here too.

Nothing like a person who thinks he knows everything though, is there :ROFLMAO:

Keith

Haz

Veteran Angler
Reaction score
I don't profess to know everything, Keith, but one learns a lot about fishing over 56 years of doing it and I still learn something new everytime I go.

russell_bush

Reaction score
As simply as possible and by ignoring often unnecessary products and overly complicated methods you hear others sing the praises of. The more light and uncluttered the set-up the less obvious it is to the fish. Also, remember that fish don't shop for food by brand, nor read the label for ingredients. They eat what is edible. To prove that point, I once caught six carp in a session using custard creams, as opposed to my friend's none using a variety of top name boilies.

Hair rigged custard creams or side hooked ?
Also pukka custard creams, or generic Morrisons/ Tesco/ Asda ones ?

steve2

Reaction score
A few years ago I walked one of the clubs lakes mostly fished by long stay carp anglers with a the latest baits. In one corner opposite where they were fishing I found a shoal of carp which were quite happy to share my lunch of cheese sandwich and the seemed to really like kit kat.
I assume they were in that corner to get away from the bombardment of spods.