94 lb Cat off the Severn???

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
I should imagine Cat's are in most river in the South of England, certainly in the Thames and it's tributaries.

How often do you here a Carp/Pike anglers say they have hooked something they cannot stop !

Bob

sam vimes

Reaction score
I know that they are in the Trent and Yorkshire Ouse. I've heard stong rumours of them being present in the Tees and Wear. There was also one caught in an estuary match on the Humber a few years back. There's a chance that they are in every river that drains into the Humber. I'd actually be quite surprised if the weren't in almost every English river that's big enough to sustain them, though the numbers may not be significant in many of them.

barbelboi

Reaction score
‘Cats ‘ appear to be rare in the Thames and tributaries but they do get caught (and of course lost as Bob indicates) An angler around seven years ago caught what was then believed to be the biggest ever fish in British running waters and landed the Wels on the Kingston stretch of the River Thames.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I'll leave that one to the BRFC Sam ;)

I believe the Wels was mid 60's in weight...................

I was lead to believe that the BRFC won't acknowledge Wels any longer anyway? They certainly aren't going to retrospectively acknowledge a sturgeon capture from the 1930s.

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

It's genuine Sam. Well documented.

So I understand, still isn't acknowledged though.

B

binka

Damn it... It's asking me to log in before I can see it and I'm not on facebook :(

I wonder if a direct link to the image might work, anyone got one?

B

binka

Its also on the total fishing facebook page which is an open group needing no log in

Thanks crow, I've just seen it and it looks a real beast.

I was going to keep quiet about this but here is my best, I banked it after it snaffled double pinkie whilst fishing for skimmers on a local res a couple of weeks ago on a four metre whip... Good job I fished the 2lb line straight through!

At one point it strayed into a neighbouring anglers swim who was sitting a few feet away, he wasn't best pleased I can tell you...

:wh :wh :wh

:D

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

Ok fellas i'll let you into a little secret... That picture was photoshopped!

I had to remove an article of embarrassment as it was becoming a bit of a trademark symbol so for those who enjoy a subtle Sunday morning game of spot the difference here's the original exactly as it came off the camera...

lovelyjubbly

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That would be FROM the Severn, dearestsweetiepix,

Unless it was taken OFF the top that is (Perhaps on a mayfly nymph or a bit of floating crust)? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 03:09 ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 ----------

Ok fellas i'll let you into a little secret... That picture was photoshopped!
You honestly can't tell, at all

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cheap Chinese artery forceps :shocked look:

I would settle for nothing less than British made Spencer-Wells.

nicepix

Reaction score
That would be FROM the Severn, dearestsweetiepix,

Unless it was taken OFF the top that is (Perhaps on a mayfly nymph or a bit of floating crust)? :rolleyes:

No prizes for observation for our briefly returned troll. Who originated the thread 'Arold? :eek:mg: