9th Ribble Winter Chub Fish-in,

• Thread starter john conway (CSG - ACA)
  • Start date
J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

I have just rung the Black Bull to confirmed Saturday22nd Novfor the 9th Ribble Winter Chub Fish-in, and guess what, after Christmas it's going tohave another new Landlord? There's a story behind this and it doesn't bode well for the old fashion type pub. However, looking on the bright side I'll get the chance once again to see all your bright cheery faces and catch up with the latest scandal and gossip that Graham won't let us talk about on the forum.I'm not sure what the weathers going to be like but I'll keep you posted, some decent chub have already come out of the Ribble but they all seem a wee bit on the thin side, however one or two of the 5 pounders will have made 6lb by the 22nd Nov, all you have to do is catch them.

Just for those who have not been before: -
We will meet up in the Black Bull car park in Ribchester as usual about 11:00hrs on Saturday morning have a drink, make arrangements where we are all going to fish and also pay and book in for the bunkhouse and an evening meal if you want one. After fishing, we will meet back up at the Black Bull for a drink and or a meal about 19:00hrs and talk about our days Chub fishing. After the meal and another couple of pints, it's into the bunkhouse for late night entertainment!
Don’t worry about the domestics I'll make sure everyone knows exactly what the score is before you all leave home for the Ribble.
The bunkhouse is now £20 and full English breakfast £5. Have a look at their web site for further information. http://www.blackbullribchester.co.uk/accommodation.htmlI did try to do the link bit but it froze up on me.
Post if you are interested then I can let the Landlord know roughly how many to cater for. If any of you want to come up Friday night and stay in the bunkhouse, you can make your arrangements via their web site.

J

John McLaren

Really looking forward to it - and 22 November is the one day I already have a prior engagement/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Looking forward to it already John /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif. Please can you add me and Wol to the list.

S

Sean Meeghan

Almost certainly, but am still plucking up the courage to stay overnight!

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Morespiders(ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Show you some very good swims./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif</blockquote>
Ok you're in. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Paul B

Reaction score
Put me down for thefull hitplease John. I'm made up i'm off work for this!

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Been looking forward to this for 2 years, but I'm almost certainly heading off to Asiaagain on 15 November.

I'm going to miss meeting the lads again, and some new faces I'm sure. I'll miss the crack in the bunkhouse after the pub; Lee's food, beer and rare Yorkshire wit; Andy's encyclopaedic fish and fishing knowledge, John's ruddy face after a cold evening on the river.

What I most definitely won't miss is the mix of toxic smells in the bunkhouse, early the next morning. People say that India stinks, but they've never been on a Ribble fish-in

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
put my name own too please John, i also know a few good swims /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif