A Change of Tactic

C

Carp Angler

I'm carping tomorrow on a local small gravel pit that hasn't seen many fish banked recently.
People using their usual winter tactics just are not catching, only the occasional tench.

So me being me, I'm going to fish it summer style and fill it in, just to be different.
I'll obviously let you know how I get on, but have any of you fished totally different to the norm and had any success?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Only last Friday I fished the Lower Severn with five other anglers. I don't know what all the others were doing but I went against the norm of using a huge bait and used a relatively small one instead. I had an 8-pounder, one other lost a good fish, and the others blanked.

I don't know if it was the bait size that made the difference, but it certainly didn't do me any harm.

So why not fill in your water tomorrow and use a different size hookbait than the norm?

P

Paul Hawkins

Yeah, fill it in Big man!
Great minds think alike although my thoughts are turning toward some cagey local barbel, they is gonna get some hemp and pellet next trip out!

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Not done any specie stuff for a while but the same can be said for some match fishing, I fished our usual Xmas match at Tingrith and as everybody there fishes light on the pole, I fished heavy on the tip. I weighed in 16Ib for third out of 18 anglers. The guy who came 2nd had switched from the pole to the feeder after seeing me catch.

I'm sure that when the fish are getting it all the same all the time, by doing it different has a big effect. It could be something as small as just using a long hook link, or something more adveturous as filling it in.

B

Big Rik

Wally pissed clown thinks she's being funny by digging up 5 year old threads

C

christian tyroll

lol clasic, love the reply ;-)
"wally pissed clown thinks he's being funny..."

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

lol, not had a drop yet you retarded John Merrick lookalike.

Just off down the co-op now for some Hock and lemonade.

Less of the she thing too, Alex might find out.

C

Cakey

yeah wols threads are older than 5 years ...................you can tell by the kipper tie and bell bottoms

L

little Stu!

post started 08/01/06

now:

14/01/06

so what happened Flipper?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I'm carping tomorrow 9/1/2001 on a local small gravel pit that hasn't seen many fish banked recently.

and?

L

little Stu!

yeah but, no but, yeah but, no but, he was fishing but and mr bullard said he'd given a blowjob to mr marsden yeah but no but, yeah but and he had actually yeah but no but given one to mr whitey instead said he!

OK, OK, SO FATTY MISSED THE DATES, BUT EVEN STILL IT WAS SOME 5 YEARS AGO AND HE STILL AIN CAUGHT HAS HE?

L

little Stu!

U calling me fik cos I called him flipper notbflapper?

or cos of the dates?

B

Big Rik

the question was posed to see if anybody had thought of applying different tactics, discussing fishing techniques, something you're not used to Wol.