A few slides digitised

@Clive

Reaction score
I found my folder of 35mm slides last week. Using a borrowed light box and digital bridge camera on a tripod I converted the slides into digital images.

The first is a mute swan taken at Newmiller Dam, Wakefield. There was a pair of swans with their cygnets. I couldn't get a good shot so I slowly approached the group and the cob put himself between me and his family. That gave me the oppertunity I had been looking for.

Mute Swan_resize_10.jpg

This hummingbird hawkmoth was feeding on the flowers in our window box in Sth. York's. There had been three days of strong southerly gales. They aren't usually found so far north.

Hummingbird Hawkmoth_resize_8.jpg

We used to go for 2 day sea fishing off Whitby in Nth York's. Between the sessions I used to rove around the town with my camera.

Whitby Arguments Yard_resize_47.jpg

Whitby Kippers_resize_5.jpg

Sometimes we would stop off on the way home and have a trip on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. This is the 'Sir Nigel Gressley'. He designed this type of locomotive and is identical to 'Mallard' that held the steam speed record.

Sir Nigel Gressley_resize_10.jpg

In 2001 my wife and I visited Slovenia. One afternoon we were walking around Lake Bled when I came across this scene.

Gondola Lake Bled_resize_50.jpg

flightliner

Reaction score
Nice pics there Clive. (did you see what I did there?)
I used stay near Whitby when I was at school (Staithes) a lovely part of the world.
A few years ago I took my wife back to whitby and took the steps up to the abbey, looked at the shops selling Jet had chips and fish, walked the pier then motored up to Staithes for a little nostalgia, it was like walking into the past but still as quaint as ever.
A couple of years earlier we stayed at the Royal in Scarboro and visited the pickering WW11 weekend where we had a pub lunch then ended up at the station so I took the opportunity to "footplate" the Sir Nigel Gressley.
Lots to see and do up there!