A "Lot" of carp (just two actually!)

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
Weather forecast said 35c for this afternoon, so I was down the river for a pre-lunch short session. Picked the "Garden Swim" as I had decided it had great potential.

IMG_20200904_125144355.jpg

I cast a boilie and a half bait on a bolt rig about 80 yds downriver near the bend and in the shade. Needed a pike rod and 4ozs for that, but I was sure the were good fish lying there (in my dreams anyway!)

My second rod was a lighter feeder rod with a single boilie, that was cast upstream where I had caught a few barbel previously.

By the time I had sat down the heavy outfit was screaming line out. Picked up the rod and the fish was still travelling at speed towards the river bend, no way to follow on the bank! Grabbed the landing net and slid down the bank to follow the fish in the river. Fortunately the fish (had to be a carp!) decided to swim back upriver. We met when I was chest deep on the outside of the weedbed! Netted a good double and walked (almost swam) back to base.

Fortunately I had emptied my pockets before taking the plunge, and now grabbed my phone camera after unhooking a lovely fully scaled river carp....

IMG_20200904_094635472.jpg

That carp never left the river and I gently guided it back to deeper water.

Before my next cast I walked back to the car to get my weigh sling and scales. Never expecting to get another carp.....but just in case!

About forty minutes later a re-run of the first adrenaline hit resulted in a bigger carp that went almost twenty pounds....19.5 lbs and the scales simply would not go further to make a "20".....

IMG_20200904_111555433_HDR (1).jpg

Stayed another hour but that was it, greedy to hope for more.

Great viewpoint on the way home....

IMG_20200904_090455286.jpg

Is France Heaven, am I dreaming? You just have to love this place!

TimFB

Reaction score
Is France Heaven, am I dreaming? You just have to love this place!
Yes it is when it comes to coarse fishing. Unfortunately, due to borders being closed, ferries not running and quarantine at work, we’ve not been able to spend any time at our mobile home in brittany this year, so no public Etang stuffed with roach carp and Tench and no canals and rivers stuffed with coarse fish the locals don’t fish for for me this year. I haven’t missed it...honest...seriously...not that much...really...the wife keeps telling me it will still be there next year and that’s making it much better..h.e.l.p!

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
Yes it is when it comes to coarse fishing. Unfortunately, due to borders being closed, ferries not running and quarantine at work, we’ve not been able to spend any time at our mobile home in brittany this year, so no public Etang stuffed with roach carp and Tench and no canals and rivers stuffed with coarse fish the locals don’t fish for for me this year. I haven’t missed it...honest...seriously...not that much...really...the wife keeps telling me it will still be there next year and that’s making it much better..h.e.l.p!

I feel your pain!!! Hopefully this nightmare will end and travel get back to normal.

It was bad enough just with the Brexit nonsense!

We were so lucky to escape the UK three years ago!

mikench

Reaction score
I will be joining you in France on the 24th of this month until end of October. Gosh I've missed it. I've been messing about with Sea Tackle and have bought a travel bass rod and a couple of reels. A picnic on the beach( rarely see a soul so late so no mask) some sunshine , what could be nicer. Oh and if I catch something on 3 rods even better. If the return flights are cancelled I'll just have to stay. :ROFLMAO: (y)??