A return to the old days...

Reaction score
Today I am going to get all my tackle out of my Fox matchbox and putting it into my old Rive box 40+ years old,it is lighter,and waterproof and as I only use them as a box,not a seat it is the sensible option...

silvers

Reaction score
You had a rive 40 years ago? Posh or what?

hard to believe that AS1 boxes were available (at least to the England team) in 1981 (Newry Canal) ... built to last as well.
I didn’t acquire one until 1990 or so, remember paying 115 quid 2nd hand, including a 4m carbon whip that I still use.
I now have three AS1’s ... one for the river, one for the canal (that original box) and a spare for when one wears out (as if!).

Reaction score
Steve,you are trying to make me ill,with laughter...

Alex,i'm on about the plastic type box that became the Shakespeare,ive put my stuff in the box this morning,in three or four plastic boxes and the thing is still a third empty and far lighter....should have never changed...

rob48

Reaction score
Reminds me of a "contibox" with an octoplus main frame that I wished I'd never got rid of. I think Rive had a hand in those, although they were marketed/distributed by Wayahead Tackle at the time IIRC.

silvers

Reaction score
Steve,you are trying to make me ill,with laughter...

Alex,i'm on about the plastic type box that became the Shakespeare,ive put my stuff in the box this morning,in three or four plastic boxes and the thing is still a third empty and far lighter....should have never changed...
A-ha ... Galaxy Rive!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Reminds me of a "contibox" with an octoplus main frame that I wished I'd never got rid of. I think Rive had a hand in those, although they were marketed/distributed by Wayahead Tackle at the time IIRC.
Yes contibox were distributed by Wayahead Tackle, I used to go to their warehouse at Haydock for my tackle, bought my middle lad a contibox and extra drawers and octoplus frame from there.
Norman Butler of NB Anglesports makers of the AS1 was a regular there.
I bought my first one early 80's a maroon coloured one . My second one was a blue one, my mates had them in England colours and Italian colours.