A useful tool

C

Chris Bishop

Heard about a water but you don't know how to find it..? Looking for directions to that far-off stretch of drain or river - or a meeting place to rendezvous with your mates..?

Just tap the name of the place into this mapping site - and up comes a printable o/s map of the area.

Here's a link...

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/

And here's a map of Denver Sluice, as a demo...

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?grid2map?X=558500&Y=301500&zoom=3

If the links don't work, just tap the www.streetmap address into your browser and add it to your favourites.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Which is exactly how the 'Locations' (Fisheries) part of FISHINGmagic will work soon when the submission form is re-designed and put online.

If you go to 'Local to You' and search for shops or clubs and click on the little map icon...........

C

Chris Bishop

That's stunning - I just tried it. I didn't realise you were already linked to it. I only found out about this mapping thing a few weeks back, I've already used it to e-mail stuff on waters etc to people. It's well useful. No way I'll bother replacing all the mouldy old maps in the boot of the car when they finally fall to bits.

P

Philip Inzani

This is just fanatastic...wish I still lived there just for that!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Thanks Chris, and there are lots of other useful things like this coming to FM soon. The Classified ads section should be online in the next day or two.

P

Philip Inzani

One other thing but you probably already know...many areas you can even get an ariel photo....just took a look at Wraysbury 1 !!!!!!

C

Carp Angler

That photo's not of Wraysbury 1, the lake above it is Wraysbury, I think thats called Silverwings.

C

Carp Angler

Just had a better look, the aerial is of Wraysbury 2, the lake above on the map is still Wraysbury 1.

P

Philip Inzani

Not having been up in a hot air ballon over the lakes I could well have mistook one corner of Wraysbury 2 for another corner of Wraysbury 1.....who knows the implications if this had not been spotted!!!

C

Carp Angler

Imagine the headlines
"Scarlet Pimpernel skips across the channel and bags Mary, down in weight at 15lb"
There would be national mourning....

P

Philip Inzani

...dont worry, no way I would report it if there was even a remote possibility of being called Scarlet!