Absolutely love the new FM design !

nottskev

Reaction score
Thanks to someone commenting on how easy it is to put pictures up, I've just realised I don't need to go by Postimage etc any more.

ad3.jpg

That's a big improvement.

I like the clean, bright new look, too.

Paste paul

Reaction score
I love it....... works really well on my phone and photos load up really easily ?

Keith M

Reaction score
Where have all the articles gone? I had at least six articles printed on FM, and I wanted to cut and paste some text from of one of them for putting in a recent post but couldn’t find any of them.

Have we lost all of our articles?

Keith

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Keith,
The articles from the main homepage are still there at fishingmagic.com, was there another section with articles?

Keith M

Reaction score
I tried to open one of my Diaries/humour/howto items on FishingMagic.com and although the items were listed I couldn’t open any of them.

NB: I did a search for my name (Keith Manger) to get a list of them all and when I click onto one of them to open it I get an error. Even when I select items that are written by other authors I still get the same error (as below)

Not Found
The requested URL /my-story-keith-manger/ was not found on this server.

Note: the windows tab (at the top of the window) reads ‘404 Not Found’

NB: I’m using an Apple IPad. and using the ‘iOS 12.4.7 Apple Inc.’ Operating System.

Keith

Last edited:

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to open one of my Diaries/humour/howto items on FishingMagic.com and although the items were listed I couldn’t open any of them.

NB: I did a search for my name (Keith Manger) to get a list of them all and when I click onto one of them to open it I get an error. Even when I select items that are written by other authors I still get the same error (as below)

Not Found

NB: I’m using an Apple IPad. and using the ‘iOS 12.4.7 Apple Inc.’ Operating System.

Keith

Thanks Keith, I'll investigate this with the developer and see where they are!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Is there any way of getting rid of " latest profile posts" ? I've got 2 sitting there, one of which has been there a fortnight and is beginning to annoy me. I'm not really interested in changes people make to their profile so why are they on the front page ?

Other than that the new layout has grown on me. Pictures are so much easier to upload now.

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Not Found

Keith

Hi Keith, this should be working now, let me know if not!
Kirsty

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way of getting rid of " latest profile posts" ? I've got 2 sitting there, one of which has been there a fortnight and is beginning to annoy me. I'm not really interested in changes people make to their profile so why are they on the front page ?

Other than that the new layout has grown on me. Pictures are so much easier to upload now.
Where are you seeing these? They shouldn't be showing on the homepage anymore. I can remove them if they're appearing somewhere else.

Keith M

Reaction score
Kirsty, There is one other thing that might need correcting:

Clicking on the ‘Home’ menu button at the top left of the screen doesn’t always work. It only takes you back to the ‘forum home page’ and not to the main ‘fishingmagic.com’ home page, so articles and such like are not visible to the forum user.

Ie. From FishingMagic.com/forums/ you can’t get back to the FishingMagic.com home page to access the articles or anything else on the main FishingMagic home page.

NB: Thanks for fixing the other problem Kirsty.

Keith

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Where are you seeing these? They shouldn't be showing on the homepage anymore. I can remove them if they're appearing somewhere else.
When I select "Whats New" they appear below all the latest posts. There's an option to " view more" but not less....not that I can see anyway.

Hallo...they've gone now. If that was something you did Kirsty then thank you very much

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kirsty, There is one other thing that might need correcting:

Clicking on the ‘Home’ menu button at the top left of the screen doesn’t always work. It only takes you back to the ‘forum home page’ and not to the main ‘fishingmagic.com’ home page, so articles and such like are not visible to the forum user.

Ie. From FishingMagic.com/forums/ you can’t get back to the FishingMagic.com home page to access the articles or anything else on the main FishingMagic home page.

NB: Thanks for fixing the other problem Kirsty.

Keith

Well spotted - thanks. I've changed that too now!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
One issue is if I start to write a post and decide I do not want to post it I cannot delete it; it just stays there un-posted at the bottom of the thread. A minor thing but it would help if there was a cancel button.
Apart from that I have got used to it and like it, the alerts bell at the top right is useful and everything looks a lot clearer.