Aces vs Chavs 2009

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I'm glad to see everyone enjoyed themselves regardless of how the fishing went for them on the day.

I really would have liked to have gone, but, i just really couldn't justify the cost of it, well not in my current financial situation.

Maybe next time.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I'm glad to see everyone enjoyed themselves regardless of how the fishing went for them on the day.

I really would have liked to have gone, but, i just really couldn't justify the cost of it, well not in my current financial situation.

Maybe next time.

SV, put a quid a week into a piggy bank and that'll cover it mate.

It really is a great day out, putting faces to names and having a chuckle in the pub afterwards is brilliant. Nobody should be intimidated by their skill level either, I only had 1.09 of roach! :mad:

And it's open to ALL FM members.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Well, my first fm event.Great organising by Neil,and great to put faces to the names I only knew as names before(apart from Scott W)and a couple of others who do not look like their avatar pics:)I spent most of the 6 hours trying to catch some lumps but to no avail,a last hour change to whip and maggot got me out of the blank zone with some face saving roach.
I am definitely up for another go next may, thanks to all for making me feel welcome.
tight lines
Simon.......

Morespiders

Reaction score
Well it was nice to see most of you again, a few not included, you know who you are, was nice to meet a few who i had not met before as well, Great day out once again.
Well done Neil on your third win, and organisation, Im sure you use under handed tactics:wh, doesnt matter though the ACES won again, very predictable.

Chavs, you must appoint a new captain, the one you have isnt very good, are you?:p
As for myself not figureing in the final result, I was under my Captains orders to keep an eye on Paul and Scott, stop them from using tactics that are not allowed, three hook rigs, banned baits etc.
Also was told not to cast in at all, but be ready in reserve if Neil failed, halfway through the match, under the circumstances i wasnt needed.
Captain, sorry about running your car through your garage door, these things happen:D
Graham can i drive your car again next time?.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Spill the beans Spiders, what have you done to Marsbars car and garage door?

Blanking can affect people in different ways, some drive aggresively afterwards, some can't park properly......

Six hooks on the loop rig and you still blanked????
Muppet springs to mind :p;)

If the Chavs want me as captain again next year things will be different! Team orders.....catch carp or roach will have to be listened to!! But the Chavs don't take it that serious, do we ;)

slime monster

Reaction score
When I mentioned the crooked windows in the pub just before the match Spiders asked if he and I should mend them ,I realise why now ,the garage door was playing on his mind

Guilt affects people in strange ways

Muffin

Reaction score
Just wanted to say as always thoroughly enjoyed my day. Thanks to Neil and anyone else involved with the organisation.

Sometimes the days when fishing is extra hard gives us mere mortals, (the Chavs) hope as we did not get beaten by that much, and even some of the experienced experts had a rough time, I reckon Clattercote is a great leveller!

Looking forward to the next one :)

Thanks to Mr Spiller for a entertaining weekend, including starting my christmas diet 2 months early, by missing breakfast in the morning. Very thoughtful of you to help me on my diet!!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Who drives to a fellow anglers house, offers to drive fellow anglers car and leave his own, starts fellow anglers car, puts it in reverse gear ? and promptly drives forward into said fellow anglers garage door?

Now I wonder who would do a thing like that? Do you know? :j

Morespiders

Reaction score
Graham, It was dark and i was disorientated, and his garage door was behind me, not in front a sideways sort of thing. Was a flimsy door anyway, needed a new one
Luckily another 8 foot and i would have run over his big train set, as it was i only ran over 6 new barbel rods.

PS Slime, just had a phone call from the landlord of the Brazenose, when we fixed his crooked window, he's just noticed its upside down, said we would do it next year when we go, dont send him the bill, he didnt seem to pleased.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Tell him to hang his curtains up upside down, then he'll never notice, Bill him for the Job done and also Bill him for your Interior Design initiatives.

Reaction score
even some of the experienced experts had a rough time

That's the nicest thing that's been written about Spiders for months! He really is falsely absused...all that charitable work with those three aged and incontinent souls; and he checks that the forward and reverse gears are working AND the bumpers will deflect a threatening oncoming object. What thanks does he get!!!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Poor Mr Spiders you are a victim of life.............you better start praying that when Mr Marsden gets an estimate of the damage it isn't assessed by someone with with the same guestimating abilities that you have.....hahahahahahahaha!:whhahahahahahahaha:whhahahahahahaha:p

John McLaren

Reaction score
Just saying a big thank you to Neil for the organisation (with the slight exception of his watch being five minutes fast - the roach had finally come on the feed and he deprived me of the chance to frame with a 3.25pm "all out" call!:rolleyes:) Thank you too to everyone there who made it such an enjoyable event (especially Grumpy and Steve Spiller who fished either side of me - good to meet you) sorry I had to leave so early.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
A huge Thank You to Neil for organizing this fish-in, you have done a cracking job again.
It was great to have met up with old friends and to have met some new faces.

It was the first time I have fished Clattercote and it was really tough going....on top of all I managed to break my reel on the float rod, so couldn't waggler fish :( and was still fishless half an hour before finish time....still, I managed a few silver out of the margin on a light feeder.... you can always count on the perch lerking around ;)

P.S Thank you Fred aka Michael Schumacher ;) for pumping my wheels up

Last edited:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Claudia, I was on the peg to your right,as far as I saw you fished a good match and were'nt doing anything wrong. the fish simply were not there..
PS thanks for the bait.......

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Claudia, I was on the peg to your right,as far as I saw you fished a good match and were'nt doing anything wrong. the fish simply were not there..
PS thanks for the bait.......

Thank Peter, I'm just glad I didn't blank lol, after all what I have heard how tough Clattercote can be....and you are very welcome, would have been a shame to waste the bait. I hope you will have a good weeks fishing