Aces vs Chavs 2010 - The Details

geggsnick

Reaction score
spot on i'll look forward to it.

As i'm with the Chavs does that mean i need to bring a pitbull and wear my jeans round my knees like the youths do.. as i don't like either really:D

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
RED ALERT, RED ALERT, RED ALERT,

I dont have a keep net, is there anyone out there that has a spare one, that i could ponce for the match, it's for silvers.

If i should catch any carp, i will weigh them as i go.

I will bring scales again this time, and am happy to do the weigh in at the end.

The scales weigh true, so you wont get 8lb Roach and 80lb carp, if you want that Spiders is your man.........:)

Anyone else got scales for weighing in carp during the match>.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
I'll have my Avons with me Ray so as long as you don't catch a carp over 40lb you'll be OK.

I've checked them against Spiders' scale and they seem to be accurate.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Now look here Roo,

I WILL need a net, don't worry about that, whilst I am not sure if you can put your fish in a jam jar anymore.................:), and as we know, only small fish go in jam jars..............very small...........:eek::D:wh

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
looking at the last list of the 2 teams it looks to me like it could be a close match as it was last year. I am wondering if there are some dark horses ie local lad nick for instance , or could skippy catch a sackful of minnows and a sea trout ? The bookies I hear are favouring the aces......

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
anyone practicing this saturday? Neil, Lark are you still going?

Yes, I'll aim to get there mid morning (ish).

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

looking at the last list of the 2 teams it looks to me like it could be a close match as it was last year. I am wondering if there are some dark horses ie local lad nick for instance , or could skippy catch a sackful of minnows and a sea trout ? The bookies I hear are favouring the aces......

Now that I'm back in The Aces, all should be well!

But if you look closely at The Chavs, they do have a few "proper" matchmen (and 1 or 2 who know a bit about Clattercote). No fear, I'm in charge of the draw!

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

I'm still finalising Breakfast, once that's done I'll post the details of draw and fishing times.

Lark

Reaction score
Neil,
Have you got a copy/list of the basic rules for Clattercote?
I'm assuming the usual stuff... No electro-fishing, gill-netting, quadrupal-hook feeder rigs, no plated or barbed trebles.....
Do they allow braid mainline?

geggsnick

Reaction score
Yes, I'll aim to get there mid morning (ish).

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

Now that I'm back in The Aces, all should be well!

But if you look closely at The Chavs, they do have a few "proper" matchmen (and 1 or 2 who know a bit about Clattercote). No fear, I'm in charge of the draw!

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

I'm still finalising Breakfast, once that's done I'll post the details of draw and fishing times.

i caught a swan there once, do they count at the weigh in:eek:

S

Scott Whatmore

Neil,
Have you got a copy/list of the basic rules for Clattercote?
I'm assuming the usual stuff... No electro-fishing, gill-netting, quadrupal-hook feeder rigs, no plated or barbed trebles.....
Do they allow braid mainline?

Hey Mr Spiders, have you been sharing your 'special match' tactics about again ?

:p