Aces vs Chavs 2010 - The Details

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Right then. We are booked in at Clattercote and the details are:

Saturday 30th October 2010
Draw: 9:30am
Fish: 10:30am to 4:30pm

We are on the usual pegs (car park side), using pegs 10 to 47.

Cost is £7.00 each payable to me (some of those signed up are at Blenheim this weekend so that would be a good time to pay up :cool:). Cheques, or folding money please, don't do paypal.

(There is slight confusion on the price. I'm told it is £7 but others say its £6. I'll work it out when BWB or the bailiff or the controling club get their act together!)

There will be the usual completely optional pools of £5 (silvers) &/or £5 (carp) paying the first three in each "section".

I'll see if we can get breakfast organised at the usual local pub. Please let me know as soon as possible on this thread if you want that.

The after match results will be at the same pub.

The teams will be disclosed shortly!

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/...s/125210-aces-vs-chavs-2010-next-chapter.html

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Following Skippys' stunning job with the boat allocation for Blenheim, I've asked him to apply his skills to the tricky subject of Team Allocation for Clattercote.

The dividing line is nominally set at 50 years of age but will doubtless be a movable feast between now and the big day. Should anyone have any violent objections to their team placement (and bearing in mind the recent "I'm Gone", "Possibly Going", "I'm Back but not Posting" and "Yes I've gone but still lurking" posts), here is the initial selection:

ACES
Graham M.
Ed
Neil M.
Graham W.
John Macklin
Richard F.
John McLaren
Grumpy Git
Fred
Lark
Peter Crabtree
Slime
Ray

CHAVS
Kevin P.
Corker
Steve W.
Posh Paul
Skippy
Malc
Scott
Steve S.
Spiders
Nigel
Mark H.
JK
Peter M.

:eek::D:rolleyes::wh:p:eek::D:rolleyes::wh:p

Still room for more on either team!

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
At the moment I can still make this but it might change. Breakfast for me too.

I qualify as an Ace on age but given my spectacular administration of the Blenheim gig I accept that I am fortunate to even make the Chav squad.

What the bloody hell is Spiders doing in with the Chav's ? :eek: He is at least 103 ! Swindle I say !

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A little shorter drive for me this time!!

Breakfast for me please, and I'll pay my entry fee at Blenheim.
I'll bring the net to Clattercote, so that I can borrow it again Neil, if that's ok.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Get me on the Aces side Im 63 nearly, dont want to be on the losing side, look at the sh ite I have to fish with, Doahh,

S

Scott Whatmore

Breakfast for me please Neil. Will pay up at Blenheim.

Oh ****** I've gone and posted next to that old weighmaster Spiders.

Is it an omen for the match again. I do hope not, he's a bloomin jinx ! :j

Morespiders

Reaction score
A jinx ehh Whatmore,? hope your not using that bouy again this year, frightened my fish off every time you cast out

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Put me in please, Neil, and will pay at Blenheim.

Sadly I shall be well in the Aces as I will (I expect) have retired from my other job on the Friday before. I know I don't look it, but I'm actually older than Spiders, which can be put down to his bad fortune. :)

No breakfast for me, body a temple and all that. Fresh fruit and Optivita from now on. ;)

J K

Reaction score
I'll have breakfast please.

Get me on the Aces side Im 63 nearly, dont want to be on the losing side, look at the sh ite I have to fish with, Doahh,

Only 63 Derek I thought you were older than me and I'm nearly as old as Ron and Ed, I'm a bit old to be a Chav. :D

S

Scott Whatmore

A jinx ehh Whatmore,? hope your not using that bouy again this year, frightened my fish off every time you cast out

I thought it was ok...but when that boat moored to it LOL.

BTW Neil, can you put dad down for breakfast too please.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
OK, some more changes to the line up!! :D

Somewhat incredibly the dividing line appears to be around the mid to high 50's, give or take a couple of years. But yet again a lot of guess work is in operation here so if you think you're still in the wrong team then let me know soonest (by PM if you prefer :rolleyes:).

To give you a clue, I'm 56 and appear to hovering around the cut (and bearing in mind my past comments about The Chavs, I think I might be safer in The Aces). But I have won it for the last three years! :cool:

The Aces
Graham M. Paid
Ed Paid
Graham W.
Spiders
JK Paid
John McLaren
Slime
Parksy
Woody Paid
Fred Paid
John Macklin
Kevin P
Neil M Paid

The Chavs
Peter M.
Grumpy Paid
Lark
Peter Crabtree
Ray Paid
Steve W
Posh Paul
Skippy Paid
Malc
Scott
Nigel C Paid
Mark H

I'll send my address by PM to those that haven't paid the peg fee (£7.00) and will appreciate a cheque by return. (Good job I took a bit of pools money home as I was broke after paying up last year) :eek:

Morespiders

Reaction score
I would rather fish with the Chav's Neil, they need somebody to look upto and lead them to glory, without me they dont stand a cat in hells chance