ACES vs. CHAVS III

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I have to be honest...as much as i enjoyed fishing in this match it is the cost factor that is now stopping me from coming again..........petrol, digs, bait, day ticket.......a little meal and a few ales.

£200?

Reaction score
I can understand that Paul , I have to plan ahead for the Fish-In`s that I can attend and if it`s too far away , weigh up the cost ,there is only so much you can do with limited money and the cost of fuel these days ./forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Steve Spiller ..........

"I'm very tempted especially if Wol, Andy and Brummie are going again, but not to that crap B&B where the bed broke last time!"

What on earth were you doing in bed to break it /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif???

Mucky boy !!!

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Four in a bed? Bet that place was cheap /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Who had their nose in Steve's toes? /forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hahaha

I think I'm gonna have to give it a miss guys, it's a flippin long drive and we would have to stay over at a B&B, an expensive weekend.

I got rid of "sky" TV in preperation for the credit crunch today and the bloody footie kicks off this weekend! I'm not skint, yet! I'm just getting ready for the huge fuel bills this winter.

I know you will all have a great time and whoop the Aces arses........again /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

D

David Bourne

I am going to pitch two hats in the ring, myself and my nephew Phillip; one for the Aces and one for the Chavs. I am hoping to pilot our new "home" along the Basingstoke canal and moor along the "cut", but that is down to work commitments and health.

Looking forward to stroking the Golden Zimmer Neil and this time taking the cup!

Possible B&B for the taking guys

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

David, if you want to pilot your boat up the GU to Kings Langley, I can give you your bag back.I think its in my loft but it's living on borrowed time!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Windy

Reaction score
I would love to be there to recover my wooden spoon, but sadly I shall be on a plane that day, flying back after a fortnight in good old Espagna.... by the time I touch down the match will be over and either the chavs or the golden oldies will have gone two / one up without me....

Good luck to both sides, having been an Ace first time round and a Chav the second I am I think the only person entitled to support both sides at once ! Put it another way, my team is definitely going to win /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Mithrandir

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Windy wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I would love to be there to recover my wooden spoon, but sadly I shall be on a plane that day, flying back after a fortnight in good old Espagna.... by the time I touch down the match will be over and either the chavs or the golden oldies will have gone two / one up without me....

Good luck to both sides, having been an Ace first time round and a Chav the second I am I think the only person entitled to support both sides at once ! Put it another way, my team is definitely going to win /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif
</blockquote>

I have been on the losing side both times, a different team each time too, so I know my team will lose

B

Bully

I was going to ask for the definition for an Ace v's Chav......but then noticed WoL was down as a Chav last time.......most appropriate. However, what is the definition? Cricket is over so I can start fishing at weekends again!!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Bully, a very loose definition, probably only finalised on the day, but based on age. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

So far we seem to have around 19 people interested. I'll happily organise for that number but it would be so much better if there were a lot more!

Neil M

Ray Daywalker

Roger Hill

Les

Mike

Claudia

Colin

Sue

Grumpy (Barbel Man) Git

Peter J

Mark W

Jonny

Dave

Lark (dark horse - venue expert)

Yacko

Dave B (I've had a couple ..... 61lb later)

Phillip (Yeah, but Iscored morepoints than you Dave)

Cakey (can't decide)

Bully (lowest batting average in all of England)

Plenty of room for many more.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Sorry, I thought I'd already put my name down.

Anyway, count me in.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Come on Cakey, you've got to go. I'll let you have a play with my D700/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

thats an offer I cant refuse............................put me in Neil please

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Bring a spare memory card to put in it and then you can take the pics home that you take with it.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Paul,

It 'responds' by getting you chucked off:

RULES

NO NUTS, BEANS OR PULSES
NO CAT & DOG FOOD etc?
NO BREAD
NO FLOATING BAITS / NO SURFACE FISHING
NO BOLT RIGS OR SEMI FIXED RIGS
BARBLESS HOOKS ONLY (NO LARGER THAN A SIZE 8)
NO DEAD MAGGOTS / FLOATING MAGGOTS
NO FLOATING POLES
FISHERY PELLETS ONLY (must be puchased on site)

Personally, I'd love to fish the venue with floating maggot, but that too is a 'no-no' apparently.