ACES vs CHAVS MK2 ??

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Get your arse up to the seven fish in Paul, bring the misses.

She can witness me and Fred throwing you in.

Bring that big wooden spoon with you.

Steve,

As you say i am sure Fred is a lovely bloke, as are all those on FM, ladies also.
Want to meet up with fred to have a beer and talk about the ouse at Adams mill.

It's not just Fred, there are some great people on here, as you say we all have opinions, thats what makes FM. If some one calls me a w***er fine thats their opinion.

I'll get the bugger later.

It's good to have the banter.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Ray, W***** is a good alternative!

See you on the Severn ;-)

Paul getting dunked by Ray and Fred, that will make a good caption competition!

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

I think we should stick to last year's Chavs Vs Aces format. It was fun and the result was close, which always makes it more interesting.

E

Evan

Daywa*ker perhaps..... alternative spelling....

And I liked the age v youth element, plus it is an arbitrary dividing line no one can argue about. Matchmen vs. Speci anglers ? Where does that leave me, as a pleasure angler who does both of the above for example* ? Endless arguments open to the argumentative. Though heaven forefend it should be suggested this forum has anyone like that amongst its posters.... :-@

[Edit]* I know, I know, holding another f*****g wooden spoon regardless..... *sigh* [/Edit]

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I gave up years ago!

Now then, I've sort of booked the Far Bank of Syndicate Lake for Saturday 6th October.

That gives us 20 or so pegs to play with. All stuffed full of carp with a damn good chance of a few mid doubles. Loads of good roach, bream and other "silvers" as well. If necessary we can expand into other pegs but we'll see what number we end up with.

Syndicate Lake responds very well to all sorts of methods and will provide us with a good day out.

I was hoping my "Speci vs Match" would provoke a response! I think the original "Aces vs Chavs" format works really well. When we know the final numbers then perhaps we can set the "age" divide??

F

Fred Bonney

Oy,wa**er,I can't come,toss him off yourself!

;o)

Especially, if she's been anywhere near the Green label!
I thought I was being quite clever, 34 years ago matching birthday with wedding anniversary.........NO!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I did try for other dates Fred but they're all booked up at GV (by "proper matchmen")!!!

They also said the carp hadn't recovered yet from your last visit. Something about being "spooked by the colour orange"???

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Saturday 6th October 2007

Those showing interest so far (15):

Neil M.
Evan
Bryan B.
Graham M.
Paul H.
Scott W.
Claudia (Venue Expert)
John H.
Peter J.
Speci-hunter
Wendy
Steve L.
Mithrandir
Mark H.
Cakey

A fine mix of Aces & Chavs!

Reaction score
hi folks,

Just returned from new job in the deepest south. France beckons. GOLD VALLEY that's in the semi-deep south. I'm a distinct possibility, even if hampered by minimal selection of tackle. At at least I'll dress well!!!

Posh Paul

E

Evan

Plenty of stuff to lend out in case of need Posh.... as long as you understand its strictly rod 'n line, none of this verdampte pole stuff. Mind, depends a little on which team you are on. If you're a Chav then I am pretty sure I have a solid fibreglass 6 footer from Woolworths knocking about somewhere in the back of the garage.... together with kitchen string on a thread bobbin.

And Neil, you can 99% deffo add Matty C to the list - the Uber Chav himself, wouldn't be the same without the youngster there as a target..... ! Revenge is a dish best served cold they say.

And what's the odds that October 6th this year will be very very cold indeed. Or so unexpectedly warm that we all get heatstroke !. I wish. One way or the other it's never going to be normal weather this particular summer I suspect.