ACES vs CHAVS MK2 ??

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Les, I will stick my second feeder/quivertip rod in, the light tip is fine for float work, the heavy is good for leger/feeder work, I am happy for you to borrow it for the day, I can even lend you a light reel or small baitrunner too. Just grab yourself a little bit of end tackle in the shop in the morning and join in the fun.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Les

6lb mainline will do the trick, anything else you need let Mike or me know and I am sure we can come up with anything you need.

But let me warn you guys.....although the carp in there are not of the huge size you might use to....they do put up a darn good fight and at times shoot off like steam trains :-0

I should know, ended up jumping into the lake after my rod, as I didnt set my clutch light enough :-(

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Did a little more "research" this afternoon and entered another open match on Syndicate (drew peg 97) which was around where Claudia and Mike fished a couple of weeks ago). First six casts with the feeder saw 6 carp in the net (I think there may have been a few out in front of me!!). Calmed down a bit after that but I ended up with 26 for 121lb.04oz (and probably lost/pulled out of a dozen more!).

My best ever match weight and it still wasn't good enough to win but I did pick up ?30 section money for my trouble!

1st 167lb - paste down the inside
2nd 132lb - pellet waggler shallow
3rd 130lb - "tea bags" (tiny pva bag & pellet)
4th 121lb - Me! Small open ended feeder/pellet
5th 91lb - straight lead/pellet

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Saturday 6th October

Those interested so far: (24)

Neil M.
Evan
Bryan B.
Graham M.
Paul H.
Scott W.
Claudia
John H.
Peter J.
Speci-hunter
Wendy
Steve L.
Mithrandir
Mark H.
Cakey
Posh Paul
Matty C.
Mark W.
David B.
Graham W.
Ray C.
Wayne N.
Nigel L.
Les C.

Welcome to the pack of Jokers Les! Have no fear, "carp gear" will catch on Syndicate. The carp average around 5lb to 6lb but there are many, many nudging 10lb with plenty of "doubles", with some approaching high teens.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Les,

Will take claudias advice and load a reel with 6lb line. What reel do you want?. Mitchell Match, Shimano 5000 bait runner or a shimano Exage 4000 fd.

Let me know, you ok for floats etc?.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Welcome to the pack of Jokers Les! Have no fear, "carp gear" will catch on Syndicate.

3 TC would be a little to heavy though lol ;-)

121lb 4oz is not bad at all, well done....considering it took Mike 12hrs to get his 148lber bag.

Can anyone join the matches?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Yeah! Pay your money and be like me - "pools fodder".

I did well, but I had to put up with a guy behind me (fishing Bungalow Lake), I reckon he had at least a dozen carp, most of which were "Jesus, look at the size of that" or "Get the camera". To be fair 3 or 4 were good doubles and he was "over the moon"!!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
And, I'm sorry to admit, I actually landed 27 Carp. It's just that one sort of missed the keepnet! Only just, but with the landing net well inside the frame of the keepnet, it, well, jumped out!!

About 8lb it was, and I'm sure it "said" "Up Yours" as it swam away!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Was the same when we fished it a couple of weeks ago....Bungalow brought a few gooden out....depending on the peg though...older chap was sitting in the first peg of the lake and blanked.

Maybe I should join you on one of the matches....that WOULD be a laugh lol

The match would be over even before I manage to set up lol

Ray

6lb is ok but you can spool the reel up with 8lb if you want to be on the save side. It really depends on how well Les can play the fish...and knowing him he'll do fine on 6lb.

I managed to land a 14lber on a float on 5lb and if I can do it...anyone can lol.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Just about all of us (along that path today) had good excuses for not concentrating too hard. There were two rather buxom young ladies sunbathing in close proximity to our pegs. I'm told one of them went topless for a while although I didn't have the pleasure of experiencing that!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Cheers Claudia,

will use 6lb line,then if Les gets smashed up i can blame you for the advice, which is also posted.

No i will leave it to Les to let me know.