ACES vs CHAVS MK2 ??

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
The Aces - 133 points

The Chavs - 128 points

(never mind Wendy, there's always next time!)

Top Individual Weights:
  1. David B. 61.08
  2. Neil M. 36.10
  3. Colin N. 33.06
  4. Scott W. 31.08
  5. Mike L. 31.01
  6. Wendy P. 27.02

Top Points Scorers (max 32):
  1. Neil M. 27
  2. Colin N. 23
  3. Scott W. 22
  4. Mark W. 21
  5. Mike L. 19
  6. Phillip H. 19

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Top Carp Weights:
  1. David B. 61.08
  2. Colin N. 32.00
  3. Mike L. 31.00
  4. Scott W. 30.00
  5. Neil M. 27.10
  6. Wendy 27.02

Top Silvers Weights:
  1. Mark W. 17.12
  2. Neil M. 9.00
  3. Evan 5.00
  4. Neil L. 2.10
  5. Ray C. 2.08
  6. John H. 2.00

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
YES,YES,YES

How are you Claudia, Wendy is not a happy Bunny. hahahahahaha

As the song says, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Ray next year it's coming home!/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Another EXCELLENT fish in guys, great people great day and i had biggest fish/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif12lb 4oz/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
Chavs, that was just so good of you to let the Aceswin so they didn't feel inadequate! A very magnanimous gesture on your part....

I'm so glad you support Help the Aged....

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Janet, you have to come to the next one. We can share petrol and share a room. It will half the cost, and you'll have a fantastic day!

All them Aces, had to drive to their bloody peg. Old dodering gits!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
"and i had biggest fish"

I didn't weigh my biggest Carp, but the consensus was that it probably weighed at least12lb 5oz!!

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
The consensus was wrong.... yours was easily 9lb/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Great day Neil thank you so much for organising it, much appreciated, and very well organised!

Reaction score
Looks like you all had a great time , I`m really sorry not to have been there ,we were both looking forward to it , still it`s lucky for the Chavs that i wasn`t /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif.

Chris is much the same but seeing the doctor tomorrow .

S

Scott Whatmore

A big 'thank you'to Neil for another well organised fish-in at Gold Valley.

Only 1 result remains to be posted... The Wooden Spoon

I'm not saying, except that the spoon was reportedly seen early yesterday evening limping along in the Forest of Dean area of Gloucestershire...

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I am the proud possessor of the wooden spoon which, incidentally, hardly seems fair when I weighed in 10lb, a lot more than some others but I ain't moanin honest injun! To put a positive swing on it, if I hadn't earned those extra points the real champions, the Aces wouldn't have won and Wendy would have had gloating rights for another year, hardly deserved either seeing as how we Aces are obviously more blessed in fishing knowledge.

Well done and a big thankyou to Neil for a well organised and enjoyable fish in, at the end of the day it is the enjoyment that we get out of it that makes it all worthwhile. A special thankyou from me for getting permission to drive over to the lake, I think I would have still been trying to get back to the car park if you hadn't done that, thanks mate.

C

Colin North, the one and only

Thanks you lot. Another great day and more new friends.

Colin & Sue/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Graham i dont think you should have got the wooden spoon, Wendys last carp was outside the time limit by at least a couple of seconds.

As i have said great day, great people, thank you all for the enjoyment.

Neil thank you for everything you did to make the day so good.

WENDY,

THE ACES KICKED YOUR BUTT AND THE CHAVS,

Chavs thanks but you knew all along you would not be retaining the cup.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
It was certainly an enjoyable day's fishing, and for me the most challenging roach match fishing I've done for a long time. It was also a pleasure to put some more faces to names.

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

'twas a damned nice fish-in on a perfect day (well except for that big black cloud that couldn't make its mind up for an hour or so and, of course, the result..... ).

Glad to pass on the wooden spoon,long may it be passed on in perpetuity ! Only sorry it had to go in Graham's direction. On weight he'd have been safe,but points systems are no respecters of persons.

Must confess, this two fish types format Carp v. Silvers does make you think a bit tactically, with thenecessity to score in both in the team interest. I may have swapped over to Carp too late in retrospect. But then again who knows...

A most enjoyable day and relaxed, great. What fishing should be all about....

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
A most enjoyable day and relaxed, great. What fishing should be all about.

Well spoken Evan....

It was a superb fish in again, great to have met up with some old friends, who went through all the trouble to travel a great distance, also to have met a few new ones, specially the big Rival Ray/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif great to have finally met you mate, see you at the Severn, don't forget the centre pin.

Bless Graham W for making it to the fish in even though he had big trouble to keep on his feet, hope you feeling better soon.

Sis, had been ages last time we met, was great to see you again hope you had a good journey home.

Colin and Sue, nice to have finally met you, great to have another female angler on board.

Mark w

Fancy giving tutition to an angler student how to catch big roach?

Mars bar

Thanks for saving my life...carrying my box would have killed me.

Neil,

What can I say.....a huge thank you for organising a great fish in, hope you already thought about a new date for the re-match.

Will see in in 2 weeks at the Avon.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for a great day, was good to meet up again.

I am beginning to wonder if I am a jinx, I have fished on the losing side twice in the two times it has been held!

Consolation of a nice bit of cake thanks to Deanos, the ginger cake is lovely. I just hope you are not too emmaciated from going without to let us fill our bellies.