Advice on what fishing chair to buy

plattsie_fish

Reaction score
Having recently returned to the banks and buying new kit I thought I would save some money by using a simple fold up camping chair. Have had two wonderful sessions on the club lake but both times my legs have killed me the next day. Have been looking around (korum seem to do some nice ones) but wondered if anyone had any recommendations (pref under £100) My old bones can’t take it!! ?

chrissh

Reaction score
I had the Korum x25 chair which are good but I found it heavy and sold it

I now have a Trakker levelite long back chair which only weighs in at 4.5kg and very happy with it, I fitter a couple of Korum any chair adapters so I can fit accessories if you shop around your pick the Trakker chair up for £110

TRAK_217605.jpg

Philip

Reaction score
Are you looking for just comfort or is mobility/weight a factor ?

john step

Reaction score
Best of luck at the moment. There is very little stock due to the virus thing. Beware of those that promise much and take your dosh and then say they await delivery.
I have just been through that and have now had a refund,

I get through chairs like no one else. If you are heavy?? watch out for those with telescoping leg mechanisms. They tend to slide and not grip and are pretty useless.

I would endeavour to see one first hand and try it if possible.

The one I have had the longest and is armchair comfortable is the Nash Daddy Longlegs. The legs adjustments are robust but and its a big but is that it weighs a ton and is only suitable for places where you can fish near the car.

TimFB

Reaction score
I have the fabulously cheesy named Korum Aeronium Superlite Delux chair. It is very light indeed and very comfortable. It weighs just under 4kg with the cushions on and comfortable to either carry or hang from my rucksack on the walk to my swim

Last edited:

plattsie_fish

Reaction score
Thanks people. I like the sound of that trakker one. Those carp boys (and girls) certainly have the accessories! Just can’t believe how much the top of my legs hurt after two half day sessions! Am bit too heavy but want something robust. The lake I fish on you can drop off next to swims and have a trolley. Appreciate everyone’s advice. Will have to see if that money tree I planted is flowering yet!!

mikench

Reaction score
I have the ordinary Korum accessory chair which I find comfortable and easy to manage with the wheel kit. I use the kit most of the time as it enables me to complete my little routine of what I need to take and where it all goes. If I just walk there and back to the peg several times I still forget something. It's not light but with the barrow kit it's weight is irrelevant.

I also have the Korum Aereomium chair which without cushions is 2.6k and very light. The JVC Stealth is a good chair and light. I'm sure the trakker chair, like all their kit, will be good. I also have a Middy Full Monty chair which is good with all the fittings but again rather heavy. One chair is not enough.;)

Decisions decisions.

wetthrough

Reaction score
They've discontinued the JRC Stealth. I have one and would recommend it except for the height. I had to extend the legs for it to be a good height for me, I'm 5'11". Not too difficult to do if you're a bit handy. I do find it comfortable and it's very sturdy. I can sit on it for 8hrs without moving and not feel any discomfort. The replacement, the Cocoon looks slightly higher so might be worth looking at although the seat suspension is different, best try first.

rayner

Reaction score
I have a stealth that is totally useless for me because of the height, The chair I have now is a Matrix accessory chair. There are two models of the accessory chair I opted for the smaller one, it's a little lighter than the bigger one.
From angling Direct it was around 50 quid the bigger model is around 90 quid.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
I have a stealth that is totally useless for me because of the height, The chair I have now is a Matrix accessory chair. There are two models of the accessory chair I opted for the smaller one, it's a little lighter than the bigger one.
From angling Direct it was around 50 quid the bigger model is around 90 quid.
How are you finding the matrix chair, I’ve been looking at one of those for my wife when she accompanies me?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
The trouble with chairs is that they can feel comfortable in the shop but the real test is when you've been sat in it for 5 hours. No one chair can do it all imo.....which is probably why I've got 4 or 5 all of which get used dependant on where I am and what I'm doing.

None of them are Korums btw......I have never found a Korum chair that I thought was even remotely comfortable but that's just me I guess. The one getting most use currently is a Fox Duralite. Compact,light and comfortable.

plattsie_fish

Reaction score
Yes I don’t want to shell out if it still going hurt the next day and it’s a valid point about them feeling good in the shop. Don’t think they would let me do a try and buy scheme! Luckily I have have really enjoyed the sessions so when it starts hurting I just look at the photos!! Will carry on looking around around.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Have you thought of a "canal type " stool.?
Nu fish and Browning do them, they have adjustable legs a drawer for terminal tackle. And you have the option to fit attachments such as side tray or feeder arm/rod rest if you so wish.
They are lightweight and easy to carry.
There is a Milo one for sale on Maggotdrowners at the moment.

rayner

Reaction score
How are you finding the matrix chair, I’ve been looking at one of those for my wife when she accompanies me?
I've only sat on it at home, I've up to now been more than a little reticent to risk fishing. First impressions are it will be OK for what I want.
Knowing how ladies prefer a little more comfort if it was my choice for my wife I would get the bigger model, it as a padded seat and back. Surely more comfortable.