Advice Please.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I seem to have a problem reading/downloading a card:

Using a "PNY SD 256mb Card" in a Canon Digital Ixus 50.

I can view some but not all of the images on the card via the camera. The last three images taken appear to be incomplete.

But I can't seem to download any of the images to my PC.

I've tried viewing/downloading via another camera/software but it still gives the same problem.

There are a few snaps of my grandson taking his first steps which I'd rather not lose but the rest I don't really care about.

Any advice on what action to take next would be much appreciated.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
An easy way to eliminate any possible camera or related software problems is to get a card reader Neil.

You can get them dead cheap now and they'll plug into a USB port usually no software required. You just plug the card into the reader and you can access it through 'My computer' as if it were a CD, disk or hard drive.

Here's an example but there are loads of others about.

William Bovington

Reaction score
Hello Neil,who say you have a problem reading your card with some of your images? Firstly have you used the card in any other camera? I have had problems at times in the past if i switch between cetain cameras , so now i always remove all images and re format the cards.sometimes if your using a different camera with a supposedly empty card ,unless you re format you sometimes get ghosting whereby you get double images or another image appears along side it. I hope this helps.