Afternoon from Mansfield

Smax

Reaction score
Hi folks just getting back into fishing after a long break and collected together a bunch of interesting gear. I was hoping for a little information on one of the rods if anyone could help.
It is a Bob Draper swing tip. It says handmade on the butt section. Would this be true or just for marketing. It appears to have little or no usage? Thanks for any help. Tight lines. ??

sam vimes

Reaction score
Bob Draper was a reasonably well known rod builder, often associated with better known brand names such as Rodrill and Bob Church Rods. If it says that it's hand made, or hand built, it probably is. Whether your individual rod was handmade by Bob Draper himself is another matter. Even so, it may well have actually been made by Bob Draper himself.

Smax

Reaction score
Cheers for that Sam. If he were the company owner I would be very surprised if he had actually built it. I will have to put it to use.

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. So many folk returning. Good to see.

d.owens

Reaction score
Hello and welcome. Need to start a company making "I've returned to fishing" tee shirts and hoodies. There's a lot of us about. Hope you enjoy your return as much as I have.