Alcudia

dermo67

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,I'm new on here,match fishing and pike fishing are my normal fishing,I am going to Alcudia and I see there is a large lake and what looks like canals,if anyone has fished there and got any info,could you share some of please,I would be most obliged,thanks in advance.

Bluenose

Reaction score
There's a member here called 'the monk' who done an article on fishing in Spain, am sure it was Majorca with the canal system there.. if you do a search you'll find it... he copied and pasted it into a thread once am sure.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have fished in the lake and canals of Alcudia many moons ago. If you can take a telescopic whip and some light line and small hooks and floats you can have some fun.

There are some big mullet in the lakes but they stick 2 fins up at anything on a hook. The small gobies and little sea-bream-like fish with a black spot at the tail-wrist usually provide some fun.

Bread is the easiest bait but they are adept at getting it off without being hooked. Scraps of raw squid or prawn are obtainable and make tougher bait.

You can buy "fishing outfits" there which usually comprise 3 lengths of bamboo, a tie-on rig of 20lb nylon, a shark-fishing hook and a float that Das Boot would find hard to pull under, so taking your own gear (at least the line, hooks, float and shot) is a good idea.

When I was there last (in the 80's) my kids and I discovered that if you dig in the sand right on the tideline (virtually no tidal rise and fall in the Med anyway) you dig up little worms like miniature ragworm, an inch or so long. These were great as bait, as was strips of a small fish that I had to kill as it had managed to gut-hook itself.

Remember sun-protection when you are engrossed in your fishing - SKIN CANCER KILLS!

laguna

Reaction score
One of my favourite holiday spots, unfortunately an expensive place now expect to pay 20-30 euros for a basic bar meal avoid the Berger king its absolutey horrible and as Paul says take your own tackle otherwise expect to buy a chinese kids fishing kit suitable for shark fishing!

A crab line or little tele whip and a few hooks, shots and your in business :w

The lakes, one big and one small are connected via canals fed from the sea at one end (over the road from Bellevue apartments) are brackish water the best baits are floated crusty bread on a long shank size 10 for the mullet. You will find plenty of access points all along the canals and the big lake has a walk out island.

The smaller lake is down the road a short walk from the roundabout with the big stainless steel fishing hook, (its on the bus route you cant miss it Cami Can Blau) less pressured but fewer access points just walk around it 1/2 hour stroll find a spot and set yourself up. The canals are murky and stagnant but do provide some good sport preferred baits are bread soaked in SAC juice :D the takes are big and frequent!

Seriously though you do need to flavour your bread its very murky in there... just watch out for the mozzies!!! :eek:

For a change if you fancy a bit of sea fishing you can hire a boat from the marina or even dangle your feet off the jetty https://maps.google.com/maps?q=39.814552,3.118463&num=1&t=h&z=17 the water is clear and you can witness the odd shoal inspect your bait. Preferred baits for the sea are shrimps, calamari and spicy sausage nicked from the hotel.

Ill be joining you shortly.... :w

dermo67

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their help,I am taking a couple of telescopics with me,I'll try the various spots you have mentioned ,are you allowed to fish in the harbour/marina,any other places seem to have stopped anglers from fishing. Once again thanks to everyone who offered advice it makes the trip a bit better if you get a heads up. Thanks:):)